KYshooter

Nov 28, 2009
Kentucky
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Whites MXT, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
**Updated With Video** Election Day Find - A $1,000 Bill!!

Finally got the video finished. Please "Like" and subscribe to my channel, while you're at it. Here it is ... enjoy!

Doesn’t it figure that on Election Day 2012, I find a $ 1,000 in funny money? How appropriate and prophetic …
Thank goodness that my $1,000 in “Fun Bucks” wasn’t all that I found.

I decided to take Election Day off and do some detecting with my new hunting buddy, Whiskey Delta. We hit a couple of old school sites. The first one was a location where a new school was built on the site of an old college. Not a lot of targets there, but I did make some good finds.

I dug two low-range (VDI in mid-40′s) Indian Heads (1901 & 1906) and a completely toasted Buffalo Nickel. Which says to me that the area was already cherry-picked for silver years ago and my finds were the result of digging deep, “iffy” targets.”
We covered the ground thoroughly then went around back and cleaned out the playground wood chips before leaving (why not make a little quick gas money, right?).

After a killer lunch at a local barbecue shack we headed out to the country to another old school. The original part was built in the 20′s or 30′s, but new portions have been added on. We located a piece of the yard that we hoped to be undisturbed and got at it.
It was a great spot. When all was said and done we each had a sack full of pennies and nickels from the 40′s and 50′s. (I dug 6 wheats myself.) And we each got on silver!

Whiskey Delta struck silver first with a 1944-S War Nickel. I followed with four silvers … a merc, a Rosie, and another two War Nickels! We were a bit stumped by the concentration of War Nickels in such a small area. But no complaints here!
So I ended the day my silvers and old pennies, a $1000 bill, and about $3 in clad. And I had a blast! It was great just to take a day off and dig with a friend. Here’s a picture.
11-06-12-finds.jpg

Thanks for reading. HH.

Last edited:
Upvote 3

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
A day well spent! Great finds and your lunch sounded perfect too.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:censored: Oops, sorry about that.... It was a compliment, honestly.

Seriously nice Indian Head Cents and war Nickels.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reading about this kind of hunt with a lot of good finds are what makes this hobby
so much fun! Nice silvers and love the funny money. Gold Nuggets :hello:

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds, keep the pics coming of your finds!

OP
OP
KYshooter

KYshooter

Nov 28, 2009
Kentucky
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Whites MXT, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just updated and added the video. Check it out and subscribe to my channel! More coming soon.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a fun day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread