Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son has one of those underground electric wire fences to keep the dog close to the house. His house dates to at least 1832 but rumor has it that there was an earlier dwelling. How much interference can I expect if I leave the fence plugged in? Previous owner says the property has been searched before but I'm going to try it tomorrow.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My neighbors have one and I can't get within 10 feet of it before the "Click-click-click" overwhelms my audio.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Have your son turn off the power and hunt a five/six feet either side of the wire around the entire perimeter. He can then turn it back on, but you may get some feedback like Charlie P. stated. :icon_thumleft:

IMHO: Dig every solid repeatable signal first unless you have unlimited time. Then go back for the weak and iffy signals. Take your time and enjoy the experience. :occasion14:

Remember, no place is ever hunted out! :hello2:

OP
OP
Megalodon

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to both of you. I tried with the transformer both on and off and didn't notice any difference hunting with my Cibola. It was hot, so I left some signals undug and will return when cooler and with more imminent rain to minimize lawn damage. It is a historic house and there are some photos that show farming right up to the house. I found some iron plow points and a fair number of 9mm brass and one unfired hollow point round. Only coin - a memorial cent, but I'll be back for the deeper signals.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
interference is a crap shoot. there are harmonics of freqs involved. You just can not tell whether an electric source will disturb your detector or not until you turn it on

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions