Electronic Pinpointer Category

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with this!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a good idea and wouldn't need to be in a sub forum but be it's own topic.

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
This is a good idea and wouldn't need to be in a sub forum but be it's own topic.

I agree! That would work too... :)

Bran <><

Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ashleysflyr

Jan 2, 2008
Missouri
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT (and man is she hot!)
I concur, and I am sending Jeff of PA a PM, let's see if he gets it...

~Tom

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ashleysflyr said:
I concur, and I am sending Jeff of PA a PM, let's see if he gets it...

~Tom

kk, sounds good! :)

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom,
Did you ever hear anything back from Jeff?? I still think it would be a good idea for a section just on pinpointers....

Bran <><

Weasel_Loader

Feb 16, 2008
California City, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer CTX 3030
Very good idea! I'd also like to know if anyone knows of any websites that have done some good head-to-head tests of pinpointer/probes.

I bought my son a Whites Bullseye this last weekend and so far not too impressed with the depth. 1/2" to 3/4" is all I seem to be able to get. I've already picked out my detector that I should be getting within a month but still up in the air on a good pinpointer. I like the Sunray in-lines and also looking into the Detectorpro Uniprobe. Do they have better depth than others?

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Weasel_Loader said:
Very good idea! I'd also like to know if anyone knows of any websites that have done some good head-to-head tests of pinpointer/probes.

I bought my son a Whites Bullseye this last weekend and so far not too impressed with the depth. 1/2" to 3/4" is all I seem to be able to get. I've already picked out my detector that I should be getting within a month but still up in the air on a good pinpointer. I like the Sunray in-lines and also looking into the Detectorpro Uniprobe. Do they have better depth than others?

I may be out of it here but, isn't a pinpointer Supposed to only get tops an inch or,,,, it wouldn't be a pin pointer..
I have a whites bullseye PP and after i find a target with my detector and dig, if unable to locate it i start moving my pinpointer around the hole and dirt. If it had a 5-6 inch usage, what the heck good would that be. Its supposed to go off when with in an inch or even touching the target. That's what a pin pointer is.... Am I wrong cause if i am, that's how I want my PINPOINTER to work...

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you're right, it is supposed to narrow down where the target is located to an inch or so.
From what I read, the Vibraprobe 570 progressively vibrates stronger as you get closer to the target.
To me, that's better than going off a 1/4 of an inch or direct on the target.
But like I said, if there were a category, we'd be able to talk about the specifics like that.

Bran <><

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I am certain once Jeff is done with the flooding that is going on he will give consideration to a category for pinpointers. He might need to find an underwater one to find his breaker box this weekend from the sounds of it. :(

Some good points made regarding the depth of a pinpointer in this thread. I like what you said about the vibraprobe vibrating stronger as it gets closer to the target. That sounds like it would be very helpful. I have yet to get a pinpointer yet and have been considering several different options so I keep coming to peek at this thread even though this is the first I have posted in it.

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cynangyl said:
He might need to find an underwater one to find his breaker box this weekend from the sounds of it. :(

Well the Vibraprobe 570 is waterproof to 30 feet. ;)
Heh...

Bran <><

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Last I heard he had 5 feet of water and it was just below his breaker box....round 2 comes this weekend! :o

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cynangyl said:
Last I heard he had 5 feet of water and it was just below his breaker box....round 2 comes this weekend! :o

Well on that note, I don't think the 570 will keep you from being electrocuted while IN the water. lol! :D

Bran <><

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
too true! ;) Hopefully he will not have water any higher this weekend than right now and he can pump some out before it starts to fill again!

Weasel_Loader

Feb 16, 2008
California City, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer CTX 3030
Good point on depth. I'm somewhat new to this hobby and don't have much experience using pinpointers. I guess I need to sharpen up my detector pinpointing skills first before trying to find a probe that detects 5". ::) Luckily, I have only dug on my property so far. Need to work on getting those holes smaller. ;D

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Weasel_Loader said:
Good point on depth. I'm somewhat new to this hobby and don't have much experience using pinpointers. I guess I need to sharpen up my detector pinpointing skills first before trying to find a probe that detects 5". ::) Luckily, I have only dug on my property so far. Need to work on getting those holes smaller. ;D

I've wondered at that myself. Guys go ga-ga for a pinpointer that picks up further and deeper than the main coil did on my first detector in the 70's! :D

I have the Sunray FX-1 on my F-75 and am still in the learning stages. It will hit a buried quarter at 4" in my test garden . . . but when I pull a 2" x 2" X 4" plug that means I could center the probe 3" down in the hole and still have no idea whether it was in the near bottom, sides or 3" further down in the soil. That ain't pinpointed! Luckily the Sunray uses the pinpointing circuit of the detector so I can "detune" it by pulling the trigger for 1-1/2" range, which is ideal.

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I gave in... my Vibraprobe 570 will be here Tuesday!
I'm pretty excited, because I'm leaving Thursday to go to Florida... so I may be able to get some detectin' in back home!!
8)

Bran <><

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe. http://www.detectorpro.com/pocketuniprobe.htm

detectorpropocketuniprobe.jpg

I use it and it is fantastic, I get anywhere from 3-5 inches on it and I have no problem telling where the target is. I have 2 Whites Bullseyes I do not use and never will again, after using the Pocket Uniprobe I can't ever see myself going back to them.

I couldn't afford to buy a seperate probe for each of my land detectors, so after a lot of research I got the DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe and extremely happy with it. I have a Vibraprobe 570 for water, never use it. I have no problem pinpointing targets at beach with either my Sov GT or Excal............

Like a most of my equipment, I found it used for $135 with warranty still good. (Worth every dime ;) )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread