Emerald group is given ship

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Interesting.

Yes, it is an interesting story. I saw the ship in dry dock a few weeks ago at Robbies Marina. I remember hearing someone at the Marina say that the Bill for work and storage hadn't been paid, because apparently Jay and Jay Jr. have no money. I heard that Robbie's put a lien on the boat. It's a shame, but then I don't know what anyone that knows anything about treasure hunting, would want to buy a 115 ft, dinner cruise boat for a salvage vessel.
Hopefully, they will be able to pay their bill and take a 2 hour cruise with Gilligan.:skullflag:

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Robbies Marina in Key West has been notified by the lawyers for the billionaire New York investor that Delaware court has given the 115 foot boat r/v Global Explorer [formerly Spirit of LaSalle] to Salvage Boat Leasing llc .This llc is owned by Jay Miscovich . I think its starting to be clearer who the good-guys are in the emerald case. congrats to Jay and his group !

keywestdiver, Is this the same ship that I saw on dry dock at Robbie's Marina last week. The 115 ft. ship had a Federal Lien sticker on the rear door of the vessel. Apparently there is a Federal Lien for non payment of a $50K repair Bill. I guess the " Good Guys " as you put it are willing to let a ship that Billionaire New York investor Dean Barr paid $500,000 for, go because of non payment of a bill. I don't think Dean Barr is congratulating Jay Miscovich on this one.:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread