29.3 KB · Views: 1,642
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but your picture is imposible to see. Take another of just the stone and blow it up......

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
steve71 said:
thats one of them,givehertome stones,cool find

LOL @ steve71! Very nice stone....how'd you find it without a setting? Looks like it popped out of somebody's ring or something. I'd take it to a jeweler for sure. Thanks for sharing it with us! Good luck.

HH,
Moon

OP
OP
Hangingfor8

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I found it surf fishing the other day. I looked down and I thought "Wow, cool sea glass" so I reached down before the next wave splashed in. I sifted through the handful of sand and there it was. It's neat looking and I'll just add it to my cool finds. Here's a little closer pic. Thanks everyone for looking.

Attachments

• Will beach find 2.JPG
    Will beach find 2.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,590

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That picture is a little better, light would be nice but either way, GREAT find.............

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Hard to say. Need a better/sharper picture. A picture of light coming through would be good. A size reference will help as well.

Daryl

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
There are a couple of things that would be helpful. Since you didn't find the item it was mounted in, it is hard to estimate the type/value of the stone. If it had been found in an 18kt mounting, we would be pretty certain that it was worth being put in that nice of a piece of jewelry. If it is an Emerald, they almost always include some types of flaws or inclusions. Just the way the stone is. If it's Jade, it most likely won't be transparent. If it's Malachite, it will show some banding. So a picture with some light passing though it will tell a lot about the stone. If it is a stone. It could be a cast piece of resin. The best way to tell this is to take a sewing needle and heat it to red hot at the tip. Try to push it in a place on the back of the stone. If it goes in or makes an indentation. It is not a stone.

See if you can get a picture that shows the inside of the stone. With green stones, that is a key factor in trying to help ID it.

As far as taking it to a jewelry store, there are very few real jewelers left out there. The store owner may have taken a course of some kind on diamonds but that is about as far as it goes. Try to find a goldsmith. They usually have a better knowledge of stones and such. Whatever either of them say, don't sell it. Get more information.

Daryl

cival war hunter 2 !

Dec 29, 2007
I don't find enything on the beach, my mom and my dad and i went down to myrtle beach a few weeks ago.
I did not find enything on the beach, but on the doons i fond alot. :) :)

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Maybe you could take a pic outside with the light going thru it. ? Nice eyball find.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Watch out being in the dunes. HEAVY, HEAVY fines for being in there and even more if you disturb the sand. Ouch. :o

Daryl

OP
OP
Hangingfor8

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Just to let you all know. I took it to my friend who owns a jewelry store and he looked at it and said "it's an emerald." His next sentence was....."how much do you want for it?" I just laughed and said "I'll just hang on to it." Thanks everyone for the help.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
A gem grade Emerald will look like this. Is yours like this?

Measurements 9.00 x 7.70 x 5.30mm
Weight 2.52ct

Daryl

Attachments

• Emerald.jpg
    Emerald.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 947

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread