emergency repair on MXT

jhamner

Dec 2, 2008
My apologies to White's, Kellyco, etc., but if you get in a bind (as I did!) --the plastic bolt that holds the coil to the lower rod on my MXT broke today, and I didn't have a replacement, so I went to the hardware store and bought a package of plastic toilet seat hinge bolts and nuts. These were ACE #45438, and they fit my machine perfectly!--I just had to hacksaw off about 1/2" of length. I still plan on buying the "real things" from White's, but these sure came in handy in a pinch!--I think they would probably work on other models as well.

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 70,whites xlt,minelab quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool idea :thumbsup: Nice to know,just in case it happens to anybody else. Way to go again!!

Johnnysan

Jan 3, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5-ID / Garrett Ace 250
Just don't claim that the MXT coil doubles as a toilet seat.

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jhamner said:
My apologies to White's, Kellyco, etc., but if you get in a bind (as I did!) --the plastic bolt that holds the coil to the lower rod on my MXT broke today, and I didn't have a replacement, so I went to the hardware store and bought a package of plastic toilet seat hinge bolts and nuts. These were ACE #45438, and they fit my machine perfectly!--I just had to hacksaw off about 1/2" of length. I still plan on buying the "real things" from White's, but these sure came in handy in a pinch!--I think they would probably work on other models as well.

No apologies needed dood. Necessity is the mother of invention and lord knows we love inventive people around here!! Good freakin' job!!!

OP
OP
J

jhamner

Dec 2, 2008
Thanks KellycoChick--You know I'm still getting all my M.D. equipment from you and White's!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread