Empty Construction Lots Hunt.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Hit the lot where I scored the 1859 Fatty again today. I drank a liter of H2O as it was warm. Got the junk earring. I am KING of junk jewelry!:icon_farao: I got the 1920 wheat, 1962 D Rosie, and 1897 Indian. Headed toward the road so the passersby could see what a REAL treasure hunter looks like.:hello: I eyeballed the big clay marble right on top big as life.:headbang: Looks like it has some painting on it that's warn about off. Got a bunch of clad along the way. Got a bent compact lid, a brass clip doohickey, and various other weird stuff. Headed over to try my first run at another empty lot owned by the same person. Found my third 1951 D wheat in as many hunts. I also scored the crusty 1902 Indian there as well. Had a ball working real slow in the heat with my Makro Racer 2 & Nel Snake coil. Done very well for me today. Thanks for stopping by. Kurios1

Construction @ Ken Nelson 002.JPG Construction @ Ken Nelson 003.JPG Construction @ Ken Nelson 004.JPG Construction @ Ken Nelson 005.JPG Construction @ Ken Nelson 006.JPG Construction @ Ken Nelson 007.JPG Construction @ Ken Nelson 008.JPG Construction @ Ken Nelson 009.JPG Construction @ Ken Nelson 011.JPG Construction @ Ken Nelson 013.JPG Construction @ Ken Nelson 012.JPG

I nearly forgot. I notched a first off my bucket list today! The brass toilet bolt has always been on my radar and I got me one today! WOO HOO!:headbang:

Last edited:
Upvote 28

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice tribe there and silver and relics. I Think you got a great hunting spot Ive been in a slump the last 7 to 8 hunts.; Whats the definition of insanity. doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results, I love this hobby. I know you do also keep up all the great posts and finds my friend!!!!@!@!!! I will always expect different results that why I can love what I do no matter what I find HH Kevin!!!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot to ask you how would you rate the makro 2 to the AT PRO for coins?

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot to ask you how would you rate the makro 2 to the AT PRO for coins?

Sorry but, I can't. I so love my Racer 2 that the AT Pro doesn't get any exercise. I have only used it maybe an hour for land hunting. I just reserve it for dips in the water. It might be equally capable of finding all these things I am digging but, I enjoy the Makro Racer's ease of use and simplicity too much to put it down. Plus it has more depth and sensitivity I believe to tiny targets. Not a knock against the AT Pro by any means. I see tons of great finds dug with that machine so to each their own I reckon.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the in-situ pix.

Thank you. I am getting to know my Olympus TG 4 a little better as I use it more. I am reserving taking shots of these sights I am currently hunting as there are rogue pirates lurking about that would follow my posts and sneak in and plunder MY BOOTY!:skullflag::blackbeard::nono:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice tribe there and silver and relics. I Think you got a great hunting spot Ive been in a slump the last 7 to 8 hunts.; Whats the definition of insanity. doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results, I love this hobby. I know you do also keep up all the great posts and finds my friend!!!!@!@!!! I will always expect different results that why I can love what I do no matter what I find HH Kevin!!!!

Thanks Tommy. I am convinced if I ever get over my fear of rejection I'd be having hunts like this pretty consistently. I just have to start asking for more permissions to old property. Pretty simple to score better finds on virgin old dirt. I think I have to break out of my shell and return to the maniac I used to be when I first started hunting in 2008. I'd go all day and night and wasn't afraid to do sidewalk strips in front of beautiful old mansions. LOL! I guess taking your advice I just need to go a bit more CRAZY!!!:blob8::wav::blob8:

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That clothing item is like the two I found in a 1912 logging camp...I think they came from men's dress pants. (Waist band clasp). With a marking like "Fine Tailoring" I don't think they were from work clothes. Cold find

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck of a good hunt, Indians and silver are the icing on the cake!

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck of a good hunt, Indians and silver are the icing on the cake!

The cake must be the Gold Coin. Well, there has to be one around here somewhere?!?:icon_scratch::dontknow:???

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent hunt, who doesn't have a brass toilet bolt on their bucket list? :laughing7:

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool assortment. Congrats! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm sitting here :icon_scratch:
Quote:"I nearly forgot. I notched a first off my bucket list today! The brass toilet bolt has always been on my radar and I got me one today! WOO HOO!
headbang.gif
"

What do you do? In-situ pix. Of a silver dime!

I'm not saying this is crap-but, but I'd be showing this was a dug find-being what it is. You know to get an in-situ photo of a first, and highly sot after bucket lister (for many I'm sure) I would of taken maybe a video even or at least a few angle micro shots of it in the dirt. :dontknow:
I'm just saying...nicely done:icon_thumleft:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Kurious. I like that large clay marble. Those are always fun to find.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
congrats on the great finds, pretty cool and interesting finds which I love. You gotta just bite that bullet and ask permission more, like I told myself, they will probably say no but what if they say yes? I was just staring at the pile of wheaties, big silvers and small silvers, buffs and cool relics that I have found so far because of finally deciding to ask. Besides, if you don't someone else will.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sitting here :icon_scratch:
Quote:"I nearly forgot. I notched a first off my bucket list today! The brass toilet bolt has always been on my radar and I got me one today! WOO HOO!
headbang.gif
"

What do you do? In-situ pix. Of a silver dime!

I'm not saying this is crap-but, but I'd be showing this was a dug find-being what it is. You know to get an in-situ photo of a first, and highly sot after bucket lister (for many I'm sure) I would of taken maybe a video even or at least a few angle micro shots of it in the dirt. :dontknow:
I'm just saying...nicely done:icon_thumleft:

Hey there pepperj. I think my comment about the brass toilet bolt may have confused you. It was intended as purely sarcasm. While I do love my first brass toilet bolt it was not one of those items I would consider on my bucket list. I do enjoy playing with my camera while hunting if the finds are significant enough to merit taking pictures. I also believe pictures help the new metal detectorists out with giving them ideas of where and how to hunt specific sights. Sorry if I confused you mate. If you you've been following me any length of time you need to know when I am being serious versus when I am being a clown. I can do both rather well.:hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread