@#!? En dimes

cuttybce

Feb 16, 2010
Western PA
Where are you located? I haven't seen any in western PA yet but I imagine they will be here very soon.

We got bombarded with 2010 dimes when they were first released - it took months to recover.

cuttybce

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I finally found a 2011-D in the 2 bags I did this weekend. I have seen maybe a dozen 2011-Ps so far. They must all be going to your area because there aren't many here in Wisconsin yet.

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't found a single one yet.

The one's that get me are the damn Canadians. I see the silver rim and get all happy. Then I notice the wide reeding and sure enough it gets tossed it in the dump bag.

T-Candy

Mar 6, 2011
SeaninNH said:
I haven't found a single one yet.

The one's that get me are the damn Canadians. I see the silver rim and get all happy.

^ the canucks are torture in my area

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Assuming you're buying whole boxes of dimes, and if you have a good rapport with the bank, simply ask to look to ensure they are all not brand new; and switch to another box they may have if it is.

I'm very upfront with the banks, stating I am simply looking for different years I don't have yet (which is true) and that by getting a box of all brand new ones essentially defeats my purpose. They all understand and it hasn't been a problem.

All I'm looking for is a fighting chance when searching rolls from boxes.

Good luck.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thurmownator said:
Assuming you're buying whole boxes of dimes, and if you have a good rapport with the bank, simply ask to look to ensure they are all not brand new; and switch to another box they may have if it is.

I'm very upfront with the banks, stating I am simply looking for different years I don't have yet (which is true) and that by getting a box of all brand new ones essentially defeats my purpose. They all understand and it hasn't been a problem.

All I'm looking for is a fighting chance when searching rolls from boxes.

Good luck.

Thats right!..The last couple boxes I got were the 2011-D's, So i went back to the bank, and the girls are always cool, and i told them its going to be hard for my boys to fill up there coins books with all the same years..So they went into the vault and got me some of the random rolls and let me exchange them for the new ones...Kids are always a great excuse :thumbsup:

smittyw

Jan 6, 2011
Dover, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Cheapo
Yep, getting slammed in East of tampa area with new junk dimes. Some times I just turn them right back in as a deposit if the bank does not have any other closed boxes. I have hit my area really hard lately and it is taking them time to run through all the searched boxes that I have dumped back to them. Have to widen my search area. Rats.

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess I can't complain about canadian dimes any more. I found a 1949 silver canadian yesterday.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if your close to canada they are now worth MORE than the us dimes are worth exchange wize .

currently 97 cents canadain = 1 US dollar

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread