ENAMEL / HUNTSMAN ONLY :)

ICETEK

Feb 3, 2016
Los Angeles
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have maybe like 100 of these coins 1964 and down. Do you think they're worth anything more than face value .?

IMG_20170316_171001554-1.jpg

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
$3.14 is the total melt value for the 1932-1964 silver quarter on March 17, 2017.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL, apparently out of this entire forum, there are only 2 people who know anything about coins. Good grief...

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
You indicate that you have about 100 coins from 1964 and earlier. If you are looking at melt value only, check coinflation.com. If you are considering possible errors and varieties, better quality images would be in order.

Asking for only Hunstman and Enamel on an open forum? If you want their opinion only, perhaps PMs would be better.

Past time for coffee.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so my opinion would be only a fool would sell 90% HIGH GRADE coins for melt. I still get buyers at $4.50 and higher for XF or better. year, MM & condition will be the value level. if you have a coin a buyer NEEDS then throw away the "book" value

OP
OP
I

ICETEK

Feb 3, 2016
Los Angeles
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Port ewen NY sounds about right thanks I'll look into that. About Enamel and Huntsman, I just wanted to ruffle some feathers that's all . :)

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Check all 1956-P through 1964-P Washington Quarters to see if they have Type "B" Reverses. The Type "B" Reverse Varieties were struck with Proof Reverse Dies. Coins struck with Proof Reverse Dies have a separation between the "E" and "S" in STATES while those struck with normal Business Strike Dies have the "E" and "S" in STATES touching. The Type "B" Reverse coins fetch a significant premium over face or Silver value. There were also 1964-D Washington Quarters struck with a Type "C" Reverse. The Type "C" Reverse Dies were produced for the 1965 production year, they are slightly different than previous year's Dies and may have been used in 1964 at the Denver Mint by accident or possibly to finish production quotas. No one seems to know the true answer to the question! There are also a smorgasbord of Doubled Die Varieties to look for as well.

Home Page - 1956-1964 Type-B Reverse Washington Quarters

1956 thru 1964 Washington Type B Quarter diagnostics pictorial - Collectors Society Message Boards

Wexler's Coins and Die Varieties

1964-D 25C Type C Rev FS-901 (Regular Strike) - PCGS CoinFacts

CONECA Master Listings

Frank

Last edited:

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As was said, there is melt value and there is collector value. Higher graded coins have more value than melt. Post a pic of each one and we can attempt to grade them.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
totally agree with Huntsman & ENAMEL. PCGSphotogradeonline.com is a great grading resource. y'all gonna need a loupe with 20X minimum. check each coin for errors & varieties. if you put 40 of those in a roll and take $10 for 'em----we will find you >>>>------- and beat you senseless :laughing7::laughing7::BangHead:. you be sittin' on some serious money----- or cash--------------- which is just as good as money
:laughing7::occasion14::blackbeard::icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About Enamel and Huntsman, I just wanted to ruffle some feathers that's all . :)

FYI Members just wanting to ruffle feathers can lead to loss of posting privileges.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Icetek: when reading your original post, it struck me if you were asking if they had any SILVER value, never was mentioned if they had collection value. Be a little bit CLEARER in your post next time. YES, coins are in Ext Fine+ condition, and worth more than melt value. Nice finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread