Encourage by my first attempt to map dowse.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a piece of scrap brass and turned in on my lathe with a small eyelet on one end and a point on the other. I drew a map of the 10 acre park I have been working. Then attaching a string I dowsed the park marking off three areas with hits.

That was a couple weeks ago and I continued to methodically work the park with complete disregard for my dowsing. I found a brass capo in good working condition worth about 15 bucks in one of the spots and just today recovered 18 old 12guage shotgun shells from a 10x20 ft area smackdab in the second of the three spots. I plan to return to this area, after removing all this brass maybe my deeper detector can find something good.

While I have found scattered brass around the park these two hits are a interesting coincidence.

The third area that I marked was trashy and I have been avoiding it, I hope to find brass there too. So it appears that brass may work for brass! How do I make a bob that will hit gold and silver without the expense of making it entirely from those metals.

MrBalance

May 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do I make a bob that will hit gold and silver without the expense of making it entirely from those metals.

Dear Hot Zone,
I would suggest that you first tray dowsing for:
-water
-cell tower radiation
-health of person standing infront of you

In that order. After gaining that experince try Map Dowsing, which is a very difficult thing to handle as I have been seenig with my own eyes :)

OP
OP
Hot zone

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have dowsed wells and had a good teacher for that. One well was hand dug to 10 ft. Another well came in with bad water though. See no reason to dowse cell tower radiation when I have a cell phone for that. I do taro readings for friends, but don't always tell them what the cards tell me, for their own good!

I suspect that I am not to personally show a profit from it!

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have someone cover over some old coins with a blanket, on your floor without you seeing it done. Then don't worry or fret trying to focus on finding them. Slowly move your pendulum around over the blanket. If nothing happens, ask about coins. Once you start to pinpoint the coins, confidence will grow.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have someone cover over some old coins with a blanket, on your floor without you seeing it done. Then don't worry or fret trying to focus on finding them. Slowly move your pendulum around over the blanket. If nothing happens, ask about coins. Once you start to pinpoint the coins, confidence will grow.
Another suggestion using Red_desert's theme would be to use a clad dime and insert it between your thumb and index finger so that it touches the pendulum chain/string, then practice on the clad coins under the blanket.Jon

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This answer is coming from a complete novice, so take with a grain of salt.

You said you turned your own pendulem on your lathe. I have heard of dowsing rods with small containers in the handle to hold mineral samples. These would be what the dowser is looking for. Could you make a pendulem with a screw off top that is hollow inside to hold a mineral sample?

OP
OP
Hot zone

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This answer is coming from a complete novice, so take with a grain of salt.

You said you turned your own pendulem on your lathe. I have heard of dowsing rods with small containers in the handle to hold mineral samples. These would be what the dowser is looking for. Could you make a pendulem with a screw off top that is hollow inside to hold a mineral sample?
I have thought that I small vile of gold flake with a known solvent like hydrogen peroxide would be the ticket. The important thing is that I believe it will work.

I was trying to search for the cannon that McClellan lost in the 1850s in the Washington cascades. I got a hit on Crab Creek Sink; turned out to be washintons last renegade battle sight.

A hit at Fort Simcoe established year after the General left.

Finally a hit on bluet pass area. This area is rich in gold history and knowing McClellan turned back without completely crossing Yakima Pass that he then Ironically chose as the best way for the railroad. I suspect he may have turned back because he was still dragging that cannon. He may then have forced his men to haul it up bluet where it was lost ; at which time the men were jubilant and why this story is part of local folklore. I believe he did not want to give Governor Stevens a copy of his log book, due to the irrational behavior regarding his insistence on taking the cannon everywhere and the embarrassment of loosing it at the bottom of a canyon. I could just emagin him wanting to court martial someone when the men began cheering at the loss!

I don't see the first two hits as misses as during my artifact hunting years I befriended the Great Spirit giving the first drink off every beer by pouring some in the hole I was laboring in to find arrowheads. I never failed to find one using this method. So, I believe resentments of the whiteman are powerful draws to these areas.

I believe I can do it, and by understanding why I miss will only get better.

I do thank you all for input.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread