End of my first season total.

jagchaser

Apr 9, 2015
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx 3030, XP Deus, Gold Bug 2, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know some guys find more than this each time they go out, but Im pretty impressed with my finds! :tongue3:

I started out this spring with an at pro, but just got a ctx 3030 last week. The country out here is fairly new, 1880's is about as old as it gets. I haven't had much luck finding silver, but have found a few interesting relics.

Everyone says our parks are all hunted out, but I did find one of those mercury dimes my first time out trying the ctx.... Maybe next year will be better!

A handful of wheats, and indian at a sod house, a few silvers, some tokens, a nice watch fob, a 44-100 bullet from Ft Mcpherson, and buckets and buckets of scraps!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you had a very good first season.I'm sure you learned alot and next season will be even better...well done !!

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I think you got some pretty interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs, maybe you should do a little door knocking. It's going to be a while before you dig enough to pay off the AT Pro and CTX. I think you'll get there sometime in the next century. :tongue3: All kidding aside, it's not always about the finds, but rather the enjoyment of the hobby.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The AT PRO is a great machine but the CTX 3030 will take you to the Moon and back. If there is silver in the vicinity, the CTX will sniff it out.
When you are finding Indian Head Pennies,, the possibilities of getting Barber and Seated Coins are there. You did quite well in your first year.
Remember, the more you put into the search, the more you will get out of it.
Congrats on your finds so far and wishing you continued success in the future.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow those are some great finds. I really like the little doll body, I'll be that's not made in china! This is my first year as well. I think I'll post my best finds too.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice first year! Good luck in year #2!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
You did good! Here is the "real deal".. in a forum like this, there is always people that do better than you did and there are always people that you did better than they did. The real secret is to have more fun than the other guy! If you had a good time, then you were a success!

I like the skeleton key, watch fob, salt shaker and reins guide! And you got some shiny coins! Well played brother!

Last edited:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
If only birds with the best voices sang in the forest, it would be a quite and less interesting place.

Cletus

Nov 24, 2015
Winchester Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett AT Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like you had a Awesome first year!!
Congrats!!!

ogoat

Dec 2, 2015
Arvada, Colorado
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Neat stuff! I hear what your saying about the area being fairly new, I see the videos of the Silverslingers and they are finding stuff dating to way before there were any settlers in Colorado with stuff to lose! I envy some of their finds! Will be glad when my unit gets here to give it a go!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your finding all that your doing it right! It just a matter of time and a banner piece may poo up.

OP
OP
jagchaser

jagchaser

Apr 9, 2015
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs, maybe you should do a little door knocking. It's going to be a while before you dig enough to pay off the AT Pro and CTX. I think you'll get there sometime in the next century. :tongue3: All kidding aside, it's not always about the finds, but rather the enjoyment of the hobby.

Thanks guys! I agree, for me its all about the enjoyment. I am not worried about paying for the machine lol

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You did good! Here is the "real deal".. in a forum like this, there is always people that do better than you did and there are always people that you did better than they did. The real secret is to have more fun than the other guy! If you had a good time, then you were a success!

I like the skeleton key, watch fob, salt shaker and reins guide! And you got some shiny coins! Well played brother!

Hit the nail on the head Tom, and looks we have the same taste for finds as these popped out from the other nice looking ones, liking the bell also. You've got a really nice machine with the 3030 and if your looking where the newer trash is limited just open it up with a little bar on the bottom and on the left side of the screen and start digging.
You mentioned that 1880's was about the limit for age? Heck just reading a snippet on the State and the history of the forts and the wagon trains going through to California really pushes the date back a good bit. I'd be wanting to follow this trail if I wanted to find a relic or two. :) But in the meantime you had a great year and the next one will be even better as you learn the machine and find the older locations.
350px-Pioneers_Crossing_the_Plains_of_Nebraska_by_C.C.A._Christensen.png

OP
OP
jagchaser

jagchaser

Apr 9, 2015
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the nail on the head Tom, and looks we have the same taste for finds as these popped out from the other nice looking ones, liking the bell also. You've got a really nice machine with the 3030 and if your looking where the newer trash is limited just open it up with a little bar on the bottom and on the left side of the screen and start digging.
You mentioned that 1880's was about the limit for age? Heck just reading a snippet on the State and the history of the forts and the wagon trains going through to California really pushes the date back a good bit. I'd be wanting to follow this trail if I wanted to find a relic or two. :) But in the meantime you had a great year and the next one will be even better as you learn the machine and find the older locations.
View attachment 1244350

There are a few sites that are older, and I have hunted a few. The one was that slug from Ft Mcpherson in Lincoln County, it should be 1860's range. Its not like I can make it to those few older sites every day. I can't imagine hunting yards that date back 200 years.

OP
OP
jagchaser

jagchaser

Apr 9, 2015
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our ground has thawed back out, so I guess I was a little premature in doing an end of season pic. I have found 3 more indians, quite a few more relics, and another silver with my new 3030.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread