end of season hunt, dashed hopes,harmonica reed?

burglarifyoulike

Aug 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
spent a few (no, more than a few) hours this weekend, thinking it may be the last for a while, due to the winter weather approaching. i went back for hunt #3 to my sister-in-law's house, which is in one of the oldest parts of our little town- late 1800s. i know nothing about her house except that it has a stone foundation and that in the early 1900s the only cattle broker in the area lived there. so i was thinking, at least some silver. well, there was none to be found, and i think i'm quitting there. 68 cents in clad, one wheat peenny with an unreadable date, various pulltabs and washers, etc. i found a pink plastic fork in one of my plugs, 3-4 inches down, making me think it was filled,perhaps? that could also explain the lack of finds. oh, well. i then headed down to the field near my husband's grandfathers home site- the one where i found the "mystery trinket" with the picture of the birds and nest, if anyone remembers... after hours there, i had nothing to show for it except the broken piece of what i would like to have you experts look at to see if it is part of a harmonica reed. i think i saw one on here last weekend, and realized that i threw one ou t with trash about a month ago :-[. i also found this weekend the other item on the pics at a site with habitation from early 1800s up until present. it was about 3 inches down- i have no idea what it coulod be- nothing good, i'm sure :-\. thanks for looking to all!

Attachments

• HARMONICA REED 001.jpg
    HARMONICA REED 001.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 322
  • HARMONICA REED 002.jpg
    HARMONICA REED 002.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 343
Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a piece of harmonica reed. Must be more at the site. Nice day out and HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions