End of the copper trail??

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Not even close!!!

I guess I don't have let anyone in on the day of detecting me and Iron Patch had yesterday. We beat a storm to a bunch of pretty good finds. We hit a couple of places in an area that obviously had a lot of early settlement, especially early military!

Lucky to be out detecting this time of year and even more lucky to be discovering a couple of new sites. We caught a few breaks with great conditions in the fields and land owners available for permissions.

The copper trail wouldn't be complete without coins, several coppers including an 1810 Norwegian skilling, an Irish penny token and a couple of local tokens and large cents. One more silver to the pile, a Victoria five cents silver that seen way better days!

As usual, buttons, a few flatties, a two piece fouled anchor (possibly a shipping line or merchant marines), and an early British militia button which will take a little more research to nail down. There's some edge lettering that may solve this riddle; also what appears to be RPD? under a crown. Any suggestions appreciated.

A couple of neat relics, a nice key, a small lock, religious medal, and a porcelain vessel from a child's tea set or doll house; sugar bowl or soup tureen maybe.

We always find a bullet or two (or more!) today I got a good assortment of shapes and sizes.

All in all, a really great day, and we're still hoping for just one more! Aren't we all!

Attachments

• cdb.JPG
    cdb.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 129
  • cdc.JPG
    cdc.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 114
  • cdrpd.JPG
    cdrpd.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 123
  • cdsk.JPG
    cdsk.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 136
  • cds.JPG
    cds.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 130
  • cdbull.JPG
    cdbull.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Upvote 13
OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Nope...looks like you guys may have a week or two of cooperative weather yet...those are some cool finds and I especially like the mystery button!

I thought I had the better military find for at least half the hunt, oh well, but I'm satisfied with a different one!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its RPB, but not sure that helps much.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good looking pile of finds yet again IH, I'd kill to dig up coppers like that.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful finds, congrats on the military buttons and the tokens! :occasion14:

Too bad the large lock wasn't complete, :icon_scratch:
Dave

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like a perfect storm of a day for you guys with a great assortment or relics and coins. Hope you can get in a few more hunts before the weather gets ugly.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feels so good after the research and average hunts to finally just settle into the goods for awhile. Glad you guys are into it buddy

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll use that info, there's edge lettering too; combine the two and I may have an answer
I'll save some of those snowy winter days to look harder for the answer

The site that IP linked to will help you quicker.(email him) I can see the edge lettering top & bottom & something under the 'P'. I wonder if the 'B' is brigade & its a Regular army unit from the early 1800s. Just a WAG.

UPDATE this post please.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The site that IP linked to will help you quicker.(email him) I can see the edge lettering top & bottom & something under the 'P'. I wonder if the 'B' is brigade & its a Regular army unit from the early 1800s. Just a WAG.

UPDATE this post please.

Or battalion.

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Sounds like a perfect storm of a day for you guys with a great assortment or relics and coins. Hope you can get in a few more hunts before the weather gets ugly.

My fingers are crossed , and my batteries will be charged!
We are so lucky to have another crack at it!

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Feels so good after the research and average hunts to finally just settle into the goods for awhile. Glad you guys are into it buddy

Thank you
Thing is you have to exhaust all the leads; some take you places that don't hold much ,then you get to one ripe for the picking. You just never know!

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds

UPDATE this post please.

As soon as I know, so will everyone else!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread