End Of the Month Hunt......

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to tell ya'll what happened today at my dump bank. I was sitting in the branch managers office this afternoon chatting. She was telling me about some trouble she is having with one of her children when I heard someone running some coins through the coin counter.

My ears immediately perked up because I knew they were halves by the sound. Halves are just so much bigger than the other denominations and make more racket going through the coin counter. I also could hear silver hitting other coins in the bin below.

We chatted for about 15-20 minutes more and when we were done (she knows me so well...lol) she asked if I wanted to look in the bin to which I responded "of course". She knew they were halves too. Well, she opened it up and pulled the bin out and I immediately see a reverse of a silver half. We slowly started moving coins from the top layer looking for more. Ended up pulling 6 40% from the bin. I had some loose halves to replace them so it worked out great. I love my dump bank!!

I also found a 1995 commemorative. This is the first one of these I have ever found so that was pretty sweet!!.

Today's total.....
40% - 52
64's - 6
Franklin's - 2
Walkers - 1

61 Total Silver Keepers = 10.94601 oz

Attachments

• IMG_0406.jpg
    IMG_0406.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_0408.jpg
    IMG_0408.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_0409.jpg
    IMG_0409.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 306
Upvote 0
OP
OP
LJ

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
joad said:
Gotta love it! Nice haul.

Thanks Joad!

TXTim said:
It's all about relationships.
Sweet!!

I agree Tim. If it weren't for this realtionship, I would not be able to do what I do.

Silver Stripe said:
Nice pull LJ. I got my second one of them comemms a few days ago myself. HH Mark

Thanks Mark. I hope your two are in better shape than mine.

Rich Hartford said:
Nice score ! Never seen one of those commemoratives.

Thanks RH. It's funny you say this because I was stumped for a couple of minutes when I found it. It wasn't until I looked at the reverse did I figure out it was a comm. Then I had to confirm it when I got home by looking in the Redbook....lol.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job LJ!
That is one rough looking walker you have there.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonderful! LJ!

Did you find the modern commemerative by edge-searching or by looking at obverse? Never found one myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread