maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, not a stellar week, but still got some Silver, This is what I got from ten boxes this week.

4 90's 1 Walker, 1 Ben and 2 64's and 15 40's. I was hoping for better results but had several skunks mixed in here, most of the finds were from 3 boxes. Well, we'll see what happens next week! Oh, allmost for got, one of my tellers saved me a 43 war nickel too, so, there's that also. Good luck to everyone searchin today! Maverick.

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great week Maverick! glad to see you got some good silver and have a teller saving for you!
good luck next week, i hope the volume pays off, afterall, volume IS king!
HH
Buff

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
great week Maverick! glad to see you got some good silver and have a teller saving for you!
good luck next week, i hope the volume pays off, afterall, volume IS king!
HH
Buff

Thanks Buff, I'm going to try to do 12 (if I can) boxes next week, I did find other t5hings this week too, about 12 more proofs and those Comemoratives I posted earlier this week. It was cool for the teller to save me the War nick, she is the one who I gave the Red Seal 2 dollar bill to, so now I have some else on the look out for me too. Find what they like and bringing it to them seems to pay off. I met the president of one of my dump banks yesterday, she came out of her office to shake my hand and tell me how wonderfull the treats were that I bring in for the tellers, I say we're still ok with my exchanges and such, oh yes no problems here, great, I'll see ya next week. Maverick.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats not too bad at all. This week was rough for me too with 1 walker and 15x40%. Lots of skunks. Your ratio of 90-40 is great.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice!!! the manager of my dump banks don't mind me too much either, one told me i could come in twice a day if i wanted to :)
hh
buff
Thanks Buff, I'm going to try to do 12 (if I can) boxes next week, I did find other t5hings this week too, about 12 more proofs and those Comemoratives I posted earlier this week. It was cool for the teller to save me the War nick, she is the one who I gave the Red Seal 2 dollar bill to, so now I have some else on the look out for me too. Find what they like and bringing it to them seems to pay off. I met the president of one of my dump banks yesterday, she came out of her office to shake my hand and tell me how wonderfull the treats were that I bring in for the tellers, I say we're still ok with my exchanges and such, oh yes no problems here, great, I'll see ya next week. Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
nice!!! the manager of my dump banks don't mind me too much either, one told me i could come in twice a day if i wanted to :)
hh
buff

Ya, I think the key is really finding an in with the tellers and banks, I think that some people on here don't really get what kind of a burden we are to the banks, they just expect them to deal with us bringing in copius amounts of change with a smile on there face. Once there's an issue it is hard to overcome that in the banks and then you become " that guy" everytime you come in. If you have to complain to to the the manager then you are allready labled everytime you come in. Comunication is the key in a dump bank, and bringing them something nice once in a while doesn't hurt either. I just brought my other dump bank 2 dozen donuts last week when I came in with my dumps first thing in the morning, their faces lit up when they saw me, and I talked with the manger there and asked if I could up my dumps a little, she said no problem. Sorry, this got of topic, it just kinda gets to me the complaining that some do about the dump banks, it DOES cost them to deal with us and if you just opening an account with a few hundred dollars so you can dump tons of change on them every week, then yes, they are going to say something at some point, imho, ok Rant off. Maverick.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, there are those who dont get it. You really have to read the tellers when you go in. I have said it over and over, the 50 something overweight female teller is not going to appreciate 25 pound bags of copper clad. She WILL attempt to make your life as miserable as hers. My best dump banks the tellers are in their 20-30s. They also appreciate my having filled out the information on the bags. I dumped 3K at one of my banks on Friday and the pro teller didn't even bat an eye, "see you next week!" she says lol.

I find it interesting that many banks will not accept bagged coin. A simple scale can verify the amount. Would make everyone's life easier.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, there are those who dont get it. You really have to read the tellers when you go in. I have said it over and over, the 50 something overweight female teller is not going to appreciate 25 pound bags of copper clad. She WILL attempt to make your life as miserable as hers. My best dump banks the tellers are in their 20-30s. They also appreciate my having filled out the information on the bags. I dumped 3K at one of my banks on Friday and the pro teller didn't even bat an eye, "see you next week!" she says lol.

I find it interesting that many banks will not accept bagged coin. A simple scale can verify the amount. Would make everyone's life easier.

Hey Namster, mine are very cool too. I just asked the one that I brought donuts into about my dumping and if a couple more bags at a time would be allright, she said sure, So I said well how many is too many, she said you can bring what you want as long as it's bagged up, 3, 4, 5, is fine, and then she told me the best days and times to bring in my dumps, everyones happy. The only down fall is waiting the 48 hours to getr my account credited, but I can float that so it still works out for me. And yes. most of the tellers I get to deal with are young and pretty enthusiastic while at work too. Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions