Engine options for P1500 Pump

boaraxa

Tenderfoot
Jul 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Guys im after a bit of info currently i have a 1500 Vw running my 8" but its pretty old & often needs a bit of a tune up its winter time now so looking to upgrade it keene use the Kubota V1505T iv been looking for some time now here in nz & there isn't anything around under 9k but I have managed to find a V1505 (non turbo) which I don't think will have enough power .
So far the next best thing iv come across is another Kubota D1803M (max rev,s 2700) its a 3 cylinder at 2400 revs its doing 34 HP & 105 Newton meters im thinking this engine could be the go but have not used a diesel on the dredge , keene,s other option is the kohler which only produces around 75 Nm at 37Hp at max revs I think 3600.
Do any of you guys have experience with the D1803M or another option ?
im thinking it should be fine but once I purchase it & deck it out theres no going back !
Cheers Phill.

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geo metro engine absolutely rocks that pump. Dahlke has now followed FFN instructions-actually over 12 years ago and Bob (RIP) had done at least 8 of the adaptors since. Hook up a vw carb and sips gas like a baroness. Extremely reliable as proven by full time mining for many years by quite a few friends/associates. The suction is great and easily hookup the righteous underwater controls for complete control. Subaru also works but I've never ran one but once on the Klamath as Steve C. did a great modification/adaptor and was quite happy again for many years till the stinkn' ban that is-John

OP
OP
B

boaraxa

Tenderfoot
Jul 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi thanks for the reply John...geo metro ! i had to google that one as it turns out sadly we don't have them here from what iv found online the Suzuki cultus is very similar I looked up the specs for a few different models of Suzuki engines mostly the rev,s are really high to produce the power the good old Vw at 2400rpm is doing 34hp & 100nm for a Suzuki cultus max power is 60 HP at 5500rpm / 83 nm it would be good to look at a graph but carnt find one only max power ratings .Im not really an engine person but after looking at different engine spec,s I think iv been over rating hp & under rating torque !
Heres a wee clip of the dredge
Id already past through the best bit of ground/big rocks but was still the odd pocket here n there in the loose material .
Cheers.

OP
OP
B

boaraxa

Tenderfoot
Jul 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I could do with a fix my self its mid winter here & very wet so for the mean time im scheming + planning bigger & better

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions