Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the English language lost forever? Is Honey boo boo language taking over plain English?
I'm from the South, and speak like a southerner, but even I cannot believe some of the atrocities against the English language I have read on here.

Here are a few translations:

Alot - a lot
Cause - because
B- be
C - see
Goin - going
Gonna - going to
Hookup - steal your spot
R - are
Ur - your or you're
U - you

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Fletch88,
It's all part of the dumbing down process, my friend! :laughing7:

"The best way to overcome a nation, is to confound it's communication" - someone famous, paraprahsed and butchered.

I'm from the south, too. I tend to write like I talk, I'ma gonna, kinda sorta, fixin too, etc......
I actually know better, I juz likes funning sumtimes. :tongue3:
What always gets me, is when folks don't know when to use "a" or "an". :icon_scratch:

My cousin was a high school English teacher, there was never a holiday,
that my grammar was not seriously corrected, at the dinner table. :BangHead:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe Treasure Net to be an informal type website, and yes I see a lot of grammatical errors, but it doesn't bother me in the least. Speling is atroshush at times, but I usually get the meaning. I wrote a little outdoor piece for the newspapers for about 7 years and always tried to write like I talked, which fit the topic and folks liked it that way. That texting on celphones is messing up the language. I understand they can only get so many letters in a message so they have to abbreviate and that results in some of those things you have mentioned. And since it looks like you have one, you'd know more about that than I would.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I aint notised it.

OP
OP
Fletch88

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I reckon I ain't gettin no understandin of what I is talkin about! Thinks I'm a gonna go swingin the tector this evenin to sees what's is out dar in tha groun :)

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When texting came along it was on of the last few nails in the dumbing down of America. I text Im not going to say I don't, but it's getting out of control. My wife and I both work in customer service and the younger people are hard to talk to. They seem jittery about having to make sounds to communicate. Now children are texting to others and their parents, they won't learn how to communicate properly without it being in texting shorthand. Reality tv shows, you know the ones, are making everything about catch phrases and hate everyone. It makes me sick. I'm 30 and I have a cousin that 18, you try and talk to her and can't get a word, but she'll text you for hours. Same with my wife's whole family. And now many jobs are requiring smart phones for a job. Some major retailers are testing smartphone shopping, which will elongate jobs and make it hard if you don't have a smart phone. Anyways as you can tell I hate technology. It's made doctors lazy, mechanics expensive, impossible to do anything of there is a problem in the system, and easy for people to rob you and clean you out and you don't even know. Well good luck out there, it's getting dangerous.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Art thou onswornod? ??? It's called change, some of us don't like it, but nothing stays the same. k? :laughing7:

Homar

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[FONT=Courier New,Courier] The Ten Commandments (In Ebonics) (S66, S687)[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New,Courier] [/FONT] [FONT=Courier New,Courier] 1. I be God. Don' be dissing me.[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New,Courier] 2. Don' be makin hood ornaments outa me or nothin in my crib.[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New,Courier] 3. Don' be callin me for no reason - homey don' play that.[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New,Courier] 4. Y'all betta be in church on Sundee.[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New,Courier] 5. Don' dis ya mama, an if ya know who ya daddy is,[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New,Courier] don' dis him neither.[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New,Courier] 6. Don' ice ya bros.[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New,Courier] 7. Stick to ya own woman.[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New,Courier] 8. Don' be liftin no goods.[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New,Courier] 9. Don' be frontin like you all that an no snitchin[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New,Courier] on ya homies.[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New,Courier] 10. Don' be eyein' ya homie's crib, ride, or nothin.[/FONT]

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course you Americans could always find your own language, instead of stealing ours.:laughing7:

SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread