Engraved Silver Utensil/Many Scenes Emerge on Cleaned Silver Spoon

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Here's cleaned up spoon with engraving of school from Washington state and lots of other details now visible...Thanks to Earthworks for cleaning and photography...The scenery on front of spoon handle now visible is George Washington's face and the word Washington below and above George are mountains and dam/river, a miner with pick hitting rock wall with railway into mine, he's cutting down trees, there's a sloop in the water, there's the engraving of the high school on the bowl of spoon, on the back of handle are fish, crab, starfish, pick/shovel and bucket...maker mark is MB with a pick and shovel in-between the letters. Silver spoon but has a cool goldish tint. Hoping the historical society for the town noted on spoon bowl will get back to us with info...

Attachments

• IMG_0338.JPG
    IMG_0338.JPG
    228.9 KB · Views: 97
  • Spoon1.jpg
    Spoon1.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 255
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    492 KB · Views: 84
  • photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    307.2 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Upvote 10

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always wanted to find one of these from my area , but never have. Congrats !!!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking spoon, nice preservation! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is amazing I would love that in my display case now go look for the fork and knife to go with it!!Thanks for sharing!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread