WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Bosn, just thought I'd give an example of what I would do to get a decent shot. The male wood duck shot. I drove twenty miles to a refuge. Parked, got my bicycle out of the back, loaded up my gear in the pannier baskets I had mounted either side of the back tire. Rode a couple miles, changed into rubber boots, in camo head to foot, face camo paint, then attached camera to tripod, got my back pack, walked a quarter mile to the flooded cornfield. Waded a half mile shin deep to a wooded dike in an old rice field, and walked along a drainage ditch in the brush for another half mile. Set up my camo netted screen blind about ten feet from the ditch, and settled down to wait for anything to show itself. A half hour later, I heard a sound above me, and a small group of wood duck dropped through the trees and landed right in front of me! Wow! Then they just hung out for a while, while I clicked away. The pic I posted was the best shot out of quite a few. They then paddled off out of sight. Seems like a lot of effort for one decent pic, but it was all worth it.

That's dedicated.
Very nice. I'm glad you shared them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread