Enjoyin the rain

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been pretty busy lately. Taking advantage of the rain. Been doing some puddle and runoff prospecting. Kinda miserable playing in the rain but as long as I keep busy I seem to be alright. Well yesterday I talked my parents into a hike around Gold Run. I intended to take them towards Canyon Creek and then loop down towards The head of Pickering Bar Trail thru Indiana Ravine. It was a nice hike. They absolutely loved it. We never did make it to canyon creek or Pickering Bar but we covered a lot of earth just content to take random trails. My mom found an old jar with claim Paperwork from 1985. It was a good day. Anyway I got my Passport the other day and can't wait to get up to Alaska. I also some how managed to bust my front passenger shock so I fixed that today and figured I better stop driving like a madman on old roads.. Haven't struck it rich yet or even found a place I am content to work just been doing a whole crap load of sampling different places. Truthfully for the moment I am just content to be out of sight.. I have taken some walks on some of the high trails on the Lower NF American and am amazed at how many people I see prospecting. Seems to be quite a few more people then usual. Anyway I just been keeping busy and trying to put a little gold in my pocket when I can
Hope everyone is getting on some good color..

Upvote 0

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
MM good to hear from you again. I was beginning to wonder. Good thing they fenced that hole off, that would be one big drop if someone was stumbling around in the dark.... Have you settled on your place in AK?

GM

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been using the rain to get some weeding done in the yard. They are so much easier to pull after a good downpour. Not nearly as much fun as prospecting.

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Goldenmojo my brother and I plan on flying into Anchorage May 30.. Hope Alaska will be our area of play. My brother seems pretty excited.. I know I am.

Headed out of here in a few minutes to do some prospecting.. Have a good morning afternoon and evening..

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Victor...very happy for you, your brother and area choice as well. Also a little jealous as the only thing I prospected there was fish. You've probably already seen this but hope you find many as such.

Alaska's Largest Gold Nuggets & Gold Specimens

Scroll down about half way and you'll find this

Charlie's Nugget - 35 Ounces
Found by Charlie ? on Bear Creek near Hope, Alaska in the 1980's with a 4" suction dredge. The nugget was sold and the current location is unknown. This may be the largest gold nugget ever found in Alaska by a non-commercial operator. If anyone knows otherwise, please let us know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread