Enough for clam dip

tinkb

Feb 12, 2005
Salem Ohio
We got these the other night. They are razor clam and do grow a little larger then what I show here. We're allowed 15 each per day and you go when the tide is at its lowest. On most days, you can get your limit in about an hour or two.

These were the only two we got that night, the tides wasn't a low one, it was our first time out in 4 years. It got dark right when we got these two and we didn't have a lantern with us and our flashlight batteries went dead right after the second one was dug. Man I was disappointed, but these two made some nice clam dip.

Attachments

• Clams1.jpg
    Clams1.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 506

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know Cajuns will eat just about anything that don't eat them 1st. Well, I'm not Cajun but I do eat a lot of stuff. I've eaten clam chowder and fried clams. Gee, I had no idea clams looked like that. That does it!! :-X :-\

;) RR

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006
Nice clams, I miss being able to get geoducks though..now thats some eatin, those necks make one heck of a steak, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

bushlight

Aug 24, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Ace 250 hanging on the wall,Whites mxt,garrett at pro that the girlfriend uses now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yuck no more clams for me

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yummmm! Those look good! I've never had razors that big, but clam chowder, clam cakes, and a pot full of steamers and melted butter, YUM!! Add in a lobster, some corn on the cob, cold brews and watermelon for desert, and oh man what a meal. I love being a New Englander!

S

stefen

Actually those look like geoduck...which are now protected in Washington as I recall...

Here is a man-size sample

Attachments

• geoduck clam.jpg
    geoduck clam.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 209

stoneseeker2003

Dec 7, 2007
Oregon, Willamette Valley(left side).
Detector(s) used
Whites PRL1
Nice!!!! Fried Razors for dinner??
I cleaned plenty of those, when not shaking crab(at Bell Buoy).
Would luv a huge bucket of steamers right now,yum!!!!!
Makes me miss living at the beach ;).

Also have had Oysters, pryed off the old bridge at Choctawhatchee Bay, Florida!
It's the bridge Jim Carry is sitting on in that movie, Truman Show. (I think that's the name of it)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread