Entrance to a Tunnel?

welfred

Aug 19, 2003
Hi Guys!

I want your second opinion regarding this marking on a big boulder lying on a north side slope of an old japanese foxhole. I believe that this big boulder have just been moved to to this place to cover the original entrance to tunnel and the marking on its south-east end is not the result of weathering but intentionally curved to marked the entrance to the said tunnel. The standing blue PVC pipe is 8 feet long and so is the bamboo stick (which is laid on the ground along the magnetic north-south line - joining the the two boulders). The big boulder had already slide down 2 to 3 feet from its original position after we have removed small stones and soils filed-up on its south-west perimeter that have separated it to a more fixed sedimentary rocks further west. According to some treasure hunters, one tradition of the Japanese tunnel builder is to have the entrance facing south so when you enter the tunnel your are facing north.

This same boulder is also dead trap as confirmed by its position and a small boulder in the form of a "turtle head" which we have already removed. The "Turtle head" boulder original position is just 5 feet south of this marked end of the big boulder. Futher south (about 21 feet from this marked end, was a 3 feet diameter (almost perfect sphere) boulder with a "Y" symbol engraved on it.

Welfred

Attachments

• P4290045.JPG
    P4290045.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 1,935

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What is all the structural stuff laying around?

O

ottoman man

hii... another pic. post please l don't see tunnel

OP
OP
W

welfred

Aug 19, 2003
djui5 said:
What is all the structural stuff laying around?

djui5,

To mention some...the green bamboo pole holds the TV antenna, one old refrigerator serving as seed box, clothes lines and wires that moored the bamboo TV antenna post to the ground, also, a 3/4" red rubber hose (passing over the said boulder) use to siphon water from a well to a nearby neighbor, in short the area is inhabited.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well it looks to me like if you slid enough dirt from under the rock, it would just slide down the hill. It's pretty steep. Then you could see if there is an opening behind it or not.
DO THIS WITH CAUTION PLEASE. I don't want anyone getting crushed under a rock on my advise. I couldn't live with myself.

OP
OP
W

welfred

Aug 19, 2003
Turtle Head

The dangerous "Turtle Head" I've mentioned above which is just few feet south of the big boulder shown above. Its eye is to the south direction and its nose pointing to west direction. Please take note also of the two engraved bars ( one long and one short) and the unreadable script on its temple. Any suggestion please?

Attachments

• pic2.JPG
    pic2.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,769

Ryan1979

Mar 8, 2007
St. Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, ACE250
If this area is inhabited, then someone should have seen or heard something when someone moved it there, as you surmise. I think it would be hard to move a rock of that size without some serious equipment, unless they moved it from further uphill using gravity, chains, pulleys, etc. Just a thought.

Ryan1979

mercedes

Jul 23, 2007
I saw the picture id there a mountain nearby? the arrows all half drawn intertwines each other along the sides...............................somewhere between the half arrows is the entrance.................why dont u use the moon lighting in ur site.................triangles are openings or entrance
from mercedes_quijano2000@yahoomcom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread