Epic Civil War relic hunt.

Jacobsdt

Jan 9, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher F75 ltd, Garrett Pro Pointer and a little luck
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My friend and I met up at dawn this morning and decidedto hit the woods around my road. I had been out there a few times and didn’tfind much, so I wasn’t too excited about it but we have been running out ofareas to go. I got permission from the owner who lives down the street and offwe went. We covered a lot of territory and about 5 hours later all I had toshow for it was a pouch full of old shot gun shells and one Indian Head Penny,1895 (cool).
I was ready to give up when I dug up an old horse shoe so I hookedit to my belt hoping for a little luck. A few minutes later, I get a really goodhit, sounded like another beer can. I dug about 12 inches down looking for thisthing, when I see the round end of a box plate. I felt like those guys onAmerican Pickers, I threw off my head phones and walked in circles for a fewminutes before I pulled it out of the ground. I couldn’t see my friend so Icall him and let him know. About 10 feet away, I dig an Eagle Breast plate. Iwas on cloud 9. I called my partner again and told him he needed to get overhere if he wanted to find something good. On his way over to me, he digs a USbox plate. At this point a thunder storm starts rolling in so we had to takeoff, can’t wait to get back and see what else is there. Thanks for looking andHH.

1.jpg 2.jpg
3.jpg Cleaned up nice!

4.jpg 5.jpg This one has some good detail in it.

6.jpg 7.jpg I was really hoping this was civil war, but it looks like a dandy button? Found it near the plates.

8.jpg Found this C button, anyone know anything about it?

9.jpg This is the plate my friend found.

10.jpg This bullet has been carved on.

11.jpg All three plates for the day, such a good site. Probably not happen again........

12.jpg Total for the day, not to bad for such a slow start. This day was awesome!!!!!!

Upvote 28

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding Banner hunt. A box plate and a breast plate....two actually. Probably more to come from this site, keep us posted:thumbsup:

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a hunt of a lifetime!!!! Congrats. Looks like you have a honey hole!

HH, Relic Nut

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Day!

Looks more like a rosette.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sure does look like a sweet spot,those are some nice plates!

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I see this post title with the word "Epic" in today's finds and before I click on it I think "Epic? Yeah right... probably just a couple bullets or something!"

Holy :censored: It was insanely EPIC! Absolutely incredible hunt Jacobsdt. Cant wait for your return trip to see what else turns up. Awesome job man.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now THAT is a great Civil War hunt! Good lord!

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

homer7018

Jan 17, 2016
summerville ga
Detector(s) used
whites mxt pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome is all I can say. Extremely jealous lol. Codo's to you and your partner. HH!

OP
OP
Jacobsdt

Jacobsdt

Jan 9, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher F75 ltd, Garrett Pro Pointer and a little luck
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone, it was one of my best days to date with relic hunting. I didn't get a lot of sleep waiting to get back out there. I wanted to go early again, but I had other things that needed taken care of first (my girls needing taken to different places and such). I made it back out with my friend in the afternoon and we pounded that whole area. I found one 3 ring bullet and one 45 pistol bullet. My friend found nothing at all? Talk about disappointed, ???. How could we have found these three plates, a silver spoon, harmonica reeds, and a few bullets. Maybe it was just a quick stop over? Still a great time, love being out there in the woods. Thanks again all, and HH.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds man that one should be in the record books!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Great finds I would love to have any of those in my collection!! Great Job!!!!!!

shoague

Dec 29, 2014
Frederick, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro AT, Garrett Propointer+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ONLY IN MY FREAKING DREAMS AWESOME FINDS This girl is envious.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread