Epic Day - Someone's going to be very happy getting this back!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
The water down my neck of the woods is virtually hunted out, just fresh drops here and there.

So, Steve & I ventured out for a long drive. Had a populated weight belt with me today!

New trashy water! Beer cans buried deep, Steve had 8 or so that he pulled out, I pulled out one and the others were so deep, I quit at 20 scoops over about 10 of them and left them lay. As it turns out from the day's results, we'll go back and get them ALL out of there!

I pulled out 20 coins for a total of $3.56.

And THIS:

Tue Aug 01 18-25-37.jpg Tue Aug 01 18-19-43.jpg Tue Aug 01 18-21-43.jpg

It's a Football State Championship ring.

And then there was this:

Tue Aug 01 18-27-05.jpg Tue Aug 01 18-28-16.jpg Tue Aug 01 18-28-52.jpg

It's a 1986 class ring.

I know the guy who lost the championship ring will be delighted to have it back. And the class ring will go home too.

I have to do some research. It was a good day.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Just received a call from the championship ring, he kept thanking me and calling me "Sir". He said he'd lost the ring about two weeks ago. He works for a living, so tentatively we'll get it back to him on Saturday or Sunday. He thought it was gone forever.

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Way to go. Great find!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Disappointed....

Steve & I sat down at the meeting point for two hours today, to return the championship ring. No one showed up even though I thought I clearly had it all set up. That ring belongs to the Running Back for the State Championship. No one showed except Steve, his wife, and me.

I've found 3 phone numbers for the class ring, and nothing connects, two for sure bad numbers, and another that is busy 24/7.

It's leaning towards me having two more rings in my find's box - a very old cigar box of things which end up keepers.

Steve and I hoped better for today and we got stood up. I'll give it more tries, after all the guy earned the ring - but doesn't want to meet me half way for the return?

I'm rather disappointed.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ouch. The temptation to stand him up in return....
Onward. Keep swingin.
You tried to work it out in good faith.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ouch. The temptation to stand him up in return....
Onward. Keep swingin. You tried to work it out in good faith.

I'd hoped for a return, really wanted that to happen. Wasted my day, but I'll stay open for the right thing to happen- I guess that's just kids today, no dependability at all, my phone still has not rung.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If something like that was important to me, there is no distance that I wouldn't travel to get it back!

Lets hope that something came up, and he wasn't able to contact you right away.

Kudos to you for trying DSA!

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
well, I've tried. I'll keep that flag out offering returns, but I can't live by that.

it's time to hit the dirt, or may be the water again - I've still stitches from my skin surgeries, but a couple days more and I'll pull them off and hit the water again - Summer season and there's more waiting for my Excal to see them :)

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear, after all the effort you put into this. I do hope there was a good reason. Good Luck!

I've had some crazy one's also. One return even called the police on me a few months later for hunting in the water near their pier. I returned his wedding band after his son asked me if I could find it for them. Sure tainted my view on how I spend my time.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After trying the return and going half way to do it, I'd let them make the next move and insist they come all the way to you next time.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
This morning I received an apology from the ring owner, but no excuses offered. Just a one line I'm sorry, let's try it again kinda thing.

I'm not meeting him halfway this next time, he can meet me at my mailbox! It's still his ring, but it's growing more difficult for him to come fetch it.

As for the class ring, I've about given up hope of a return. Too bad there's no precious metals in it!

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Congrats on your finds and attempts to return. On classmates if someone is not a member they will not get your message. Maybe try Facebook??

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The champ ring owner e-mailed me later yesterday, no excuse given but he did apologize for not showing up. He wants to try again this coming weekend.

This time: HE'LL MEET ME AT MY MAILBOX! That doubles the trip for him :)

And there ain't no way he'd drive up my kilometer long driveway - best a 4WD trip, and he wouldn't even attempt crossing my washed out bridge!

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on your finds and attempts to return. On classmates if someone is not a member they will not get your message. Maybe try Facebook??

Tried Facebook, but couldn't find him there. Tried multiple times and searches.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
This is more than a month later.

I still have a very nice State Championship ring. Looks pretty good in my collection :)

I did give my Mom (92) one of the rings in my collection tonight - I'll probably get it back tomorrow - the usual. I love my Mom :)

Sand-duner

Nov 24, 2009
Sequim, WA
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How sad that this young man can't take a couple hours out of a Saturday to come and retrieve an award he earned, which you made more than fair allowances for him to get it back. Let's hope he doesn't act this way in his adult life.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions