Epic Find With The ATP

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have posted my find in the beach and shallow water threads but wanted to share here as well. I have only been hunting for a few months, mostly beach. I have found 3 gold wedding bands, a lot of clad, and some misc. jewelry and stuff but this is the find of all finds. A mens platinum diamond ring. I found it in the shallow surf about 6" in the sand. It weighed in at 15.5 with 4 diamonds of 0.3k in V1 condition. Appraised for $5100. Probably the best thing I will ever find!

image-3437564797.jpg

image-2217604281.jpg

image-3012641424.jpg

image-2049495052.jpg

image-3351993764.jpg

image-2496754825.jpg

image-3336854159.jpg

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW! Very nice!

Congrats!

But haven't you heard…The ATP don't work on salt beaches!

OP
OP
Trent67

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! Very nice! Congrats! But haven't you heard…The ATP don't work on salt beaches!

Oh thats right! Lol. Ya know the ATP works just fine on Florida beaches. I think its the black sand that gives it trouble, right?

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used mine a dozen times on the beach! Great. Working. Machine. Period!

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go Trent! You have come a long way in a very short time, I remember when you joined and were asking questions about the AT. It's all about what effort you put into the hobby that gets you the great finds! Your tearing it up my friend!

OP
OP
Trent67

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the encouraging words guys!!

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations, great find.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please don't think this is the best find you'll ever make. There are more out there that are even better. Your ATP works fine where your at so enjoy using it where the black sand isn't. Even higher concentrations of salt can be handled with GB.

OP
OP
Trent67

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please don't think this is the best find you'll ever make. There are more out there that are even better. Your ATP works fine where your at so enjoy using it where the black sand isn't. Even higher concentrations of salt can be handled with GB.

Hey I like that positive attitude! I just can't imagine finding anything cooler than this ring. I know it's out there and I have all the confidence in the world with my ATP. That's what's so great about this hobby, the anticipation and possibilities of that awesome piece of jewelry/relic/etc that is out there under the ground waiting for one of us to pluck it out!

Budman231

Sep 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find !

I found a platinum/9 diamond ladies ring that rang up in the Nickel range last year. What did this ring up as...?

It a lot bigger that the one I found so I'm curious.

Bud

OP
OP
Trent67

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find ! I found a platinum/9 diamond ladies ring that rang up in the Nickel range last year. What did this ring up as...? It a lot bigger that the one I found so I'm curious. Bud

It rang at 65.

JackCox

Tenderfoot
May 11, 2014
Newport, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats :thumbsup: ! I just got mine (used AT Pro) and already found 7 cents. Long way to go to pay off my expenses. Wife complains I have too many Man toys. Need to prove her wrong .
Wishing plenty more great finds!

OP
OP
Trent67

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats :thumbsup: ! I just got mine (used AT Pro) and already found 7 cents. Long way to go to pay off my expenses. Wife complains I have too many Man toys. Need to prove her wrong . Wishing plenty more great finds!

You will find some great stuff. Maybe "find" your wife a nice ring in the mean time to keep her happy. ;)

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find I'm going up to the popular beaches on Lake Erie this summer with my son. One of the beaches you can walk about a half mile before it gets above your waist. I lost a pocket knife up there when I was a kid so I know there is stuff to be found. Anyway amazing find.

OP
OP
Trent67

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find I'm going up to the popular beaches on Lake Erie this summer with my son. One of the beaches you can walk about a half mile before it gets above your waist. I lost a pocket knife up there when I was a kid so I know there is stuff to be found. Anyway amazing find.

Thanks Kodiak. Hey, how cool would it be to find that old pocket knife!? Anyway, have a great time with your son this summer and good luck.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Kodiak. Hey, how cool would it be to find that old pocket knife!? Anyway, have a great time with your son this summer and good luck.
thanks I will and that would be the find of a lifetime since my grandfather gave it to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread