Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL

How many of us have had the same feelings from time to time. One of my first finds was an enameled pie plate and my wife had someone make a country painting on it and hung it in the kitchen. So there is an idea of what you can do with your pot.

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@pf....great idea!! I'm starting to wonder if there's anything to find in Oklahoma!?!? This finding junk everytime, & everywhere I dig is seeming to be too frequent...ugh! I keep thinking about all those things gleaner posted....& wonder why I cant find just 1 cool thing. So....I've decided to get creative with the junk...lol

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Start going to parks, tot lots, school fields and any fresh water beaches in your area.

Also the grass strips between the road and sidewalk is a good palce to find coins.

Check out some maps of your area and find the older parks.

If you go out in the woods you won't find nearly as much as if you go to parks and schools where people lose stuff all the time.

Think... Where did/do people go. This is where the most stuff will be found.

:icon_thumright:

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Adrian, hang in there. My personal philosphy is one has to dig the trash to find the treasure. At some point you'll uncover real treasure,you just have to keep on digging. We all get frustrated but the ones who quit will never find anything. Remember how long it took Mel Fisher to find the Atocha.As far as your state, theirs gold in them their hills!The thrill is in the hunt!

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@shooter......"at them their hills"....that's my boy shooter!!!! Lol!!!

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to say that it took quite a while for me to find anything with my first detector. I found a couple of friends to go with and that seemed to help. I tell people some of my stories and they tend to think that I find treasure all the time. I think that seeing so much good stuff on the website can be inspiring and frustrating at the same time.

I detect the sites that I am in the mood for. There are some interesting new parks and old parks. Do I want the chance at an old target or am just in the mood to dig a bunch of change and relax? Am I motivated to dig a gold ring? Do I have permission someplace or is there a construction site we can get on? Just go with the flow. Don't try to force treasure.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
icandy, I can see that you are a bit frustrated, but it is obvious that you really truly want to learn tecting. This is good. You can learn tecting two ways. The hard way, by yourself, or the easy way, with the guidance of a good experienced mentor, one who will show you the ropes. Choose wisely. Look at the bright side...that puke bowl could have been filled with treasure. Try a test garden.

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gleaner.....lol....you're right...I do! Butttt....here's the thing...kinda tricky. My dad is my guide...& I listen to everything he says. He's wise. But.....for some reason....we have found nothing the last 2 weekends....& actually it makes me feel bad for my dad....bless his heart...he hurts everytime after we hunt. And more than anything, I'd sacrifice my whole everything if just my dad could find something. I sure love him

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peachy....you know my story girl!!!! Lol...ARGHHH!!

F

Felinepeachy

Plant a ziplock bag of pennies for your dad to find with a note in the bag saying, "I love ya dad" :laughing7:

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aww......I will peachy!!! How sweet ....omg....thank you girl!

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I cannot possibly think of a better teacher than your own dad. The only problem you are facing is lack of patience and lack of confidence. Try the oldest park around, hit the place harder than ever, go slow and act like the goods are right there to be found, right under your coil. They are. I bet you find a goody soon. Best of luck to you iCandy......

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gleaner...you're precious! Yes, my dad has invested alot of time....& I do get discouraged & impatient. But I always get a kick outta my dad.....he's taught me the tricks of the trade...YET....I caught him burying trash he dug up....LMAO!!!! we've laughed so hard about that as he has a new nickname..lol!! & you're right gleaner...I'll find something!! Keep you're fingers crossed for me....& my dad!

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
iCandy, don't frikin call me precious (please). I was thinking, I bet you post a good find soon. I was thinking its not an easy cakewalk anymore and I cant find crap nowadays. We have to force ourselves to find the goods.

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gleaner....ok sugar pie, I won't call you precious anymore....(even though you are...lol).....& you're right....I enjoy reckoning with the force & pushing the limits pumpin cake! (or is it pie...LMAO).....& I've never won anything on the cakewalk anyway....sugar dumpling....one things for sure though.......you're the most adorable, darling little tumbleweed of inspiration..& motivation....& I appreciate it honey bear!!!

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
iCandy, I guess you can call me any frikin thing you want. Except Sunshine. Or Sparky. Or Sport. Or Spanky. Okay, okay, you can call me Spanky, only if you post something good. Anything kinda good.

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gleaner....lmao!!!! Okay....hunka hunka burnin love is you're new name...LOL.....you can call me Adrian....candy is quite the opposite....I'm a sight for soar eyes...(or cataracts)

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok iCandy (Adrian) take your dad to a park and have him detect the tot lot. I always find coins, and now and then gold jewerly. Then hit a beach and see what you find there. Then let us know what you find. Then hit some of the older spots like you have before. Do that a couple of times then hit another tot lot at the local school. Switch your hunting technique around some. Put your detectors in your car and just go go go find a spot get out and detect hunt for a couple of hours and go again. Let us know what you do and find......Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread