Equinox 600 compared to notka makro simplex

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rad1sh

Sep 22, 2019
Olympia, Washington
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex White Coinmaster ( Burghandy)
Garret Ace 250 Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the simplex and the vanquish 540 currently. I got to use a nox for a while recently and the separation is just fantastic. I like the adjustment capabilities as well. Also 50 tone is what I’m interested in. I like the option to switch frequencies. So I think you get a hell of a detector in the nox. I can’t wait to order one when my wife isn’t looking!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 600 is fantastic for the price. Deep versatile machine

Norwichnut

Jun 5, 2019
S.E connecticut
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/max, Explorer, CTX, Tesoro Tejon, and many other..BUT MY GO TO MACHINE= Equinox 600 stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 600 is just amazing...as you see in my profile ive listed a few of the machines ive used over the last decade...and sold them all ...that how much i love my 600...ive owned it 2 yrs and love it more and more every time out

SlateBeltDigger

Sep 30, 2020
Bangor, PA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You guys are killin' me....I swore off (out loud with my wife around) buying another machine, but man I've been all over the Nox 600. It's inevitable and I might as well just do it.

Norwichnut

Jun 5, 2019
S.E connecticut
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/max, Explorer, CTX, Tesoro Tejon, and many other..BUT MY GO TO MACHINE= Equinox 600 stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You guys are killin' me....I swore off (out loud with my wife around) buying another machine, but man I've been all over the Nox 600. It's inevitable and I might as well just do it.

If your anything like me ...you wont regret the 600... ive had so many machines in the last decade i lost count...the 600 just does it for me....the 6 inch coil routinely coughs up 8" plus coins with solid signals..i dont see much depth difference between the 6 inch and stock coils in my area......its amazing

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils -Minelab Manticore-
-Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same question a year ago. Went with the Nox 800 and I love it. I had a personal best year with 26 silvers, 4 large cents, a big gold ring and awesome relics. I got the 6in coil for Christmas and found 2 dimes in an iron patch (one hole had 3 nails in it) Great investment and I couldent be happier with my choice. Best of luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread