Equinox 800 ID numbers

Mar 31, 2024
SOuthern Europe
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Greetings guys!

On many occasions I saw some explenations about ID numbers.. and we never dig out under 9... But as the time pass by.. We stat to dig lower numbers... And what happened?

We found gold on 7 and 8...

Can you share your experience with ID numbers?

Must mention, that we are in europe.. sowe are no digging the trash, or weapons, or stuff like that, so lower numbers as a lower quality material in not our option..

Cheers to all!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the 800, I dig every non-ferrous signal at the beach. My two best jewelry finds ($32,000 platinum diamond engagement rings) read 2. I also had an 18K diamond tennis bracelet read 1. Lots of tiny bits of foil in that range, so, I don't recover all those numbers in a park, but, the beach is much easier.

OP
OP
HeavyMetalDetectinPassion
Mar 31, 2024
SOuthern Europe
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Yeah.. i understand.. beach is something different.. But we are not so into beaches.. more history.. So ussually 0-7 trash... beach is something different..

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah.. i understand.. beach is something different.. But we are not so into beaches.. more history.. So ussually 0-7 trash... beach is something different..
0-7 isn't necessarily trash, but, there's usually so much of it that it becomes unproductive to dig it all. If you have limited search areas and have the patience to dig them all, you will eventually find something good in that number range. I just find it a waste of time and effort in my area when I can hunt the beach and make easier good finds. At an old park, I generally hunt by depth to find the old stuff. For shallower targets and modern parks, I dig what I call sex sounds.....the "moaners and screamers". :laughing7: I dig 12-13 nickel I.D. numbers, and 22 and up signals.

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
EQ800 (Stock Coil), Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I get garbage in parks a lot with the Equinox ID #'s from 0-11(foil bits, assorted small odds and ends junk). I've encountered pull tabs and can slaw from 14-19. I guess it would depend on where you are hunting. But sometimes the tone itself and the size of the object dictates digging or not. Usually with modern can pulltabs if I pass the coil over it there is a blip-blip type of sound. It's hard to put into words but the sound is jittery and not solid/mellow like a coin or better object. I've usually hunted 5 tone with my Equinox but might open it on up to 50 tones and get the full spectrum of sound. I've not really done a lot of hunting like that because it is so chatty. A balancing act for sure. But I can appreciate what full tones might be able to open up. Yeah, next hunt with the Equinox 800 I will give it a shot. Worst case, it will remind me of work too much and non stop blah blah blah of people and I can go back down to 5 tones.

Grizz12

Dec 22, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was on the beach the other day and was getting signals from 1-40 (in beach 2) throughout the day. Found one penny and the rest trash but thats usual for Alaska and I dig everything.

A couple of times I got a reading of -9 and thought my machine was having a brain fart because the nombers were way off from anything I've seen before, so I ignored them. Hind sight a few days later I should have just dug them up...

Have you guys come across a -9 or "-" any number?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, when I have the horseshoe on. It just tells me that there's iron under my coil so I can take that into consideration if there are other non-ferrous targets close by. Otherwise, I just ignore them if I'm not after iron targets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread