Equinox ID Numbers?

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
How many vdis does the safari have? I don't have one but isn't it somewhere around 40? If so maybe the numbers will be calibrated to indicate the same or roughly the same as it. Now before anyone goes off on a tangent saying safari is fbs, I know this, i am just wondering if the vdi will be the same or similar. Makes sense to make it indicate something familiar with one of their existing machines. Again my theory goes out the window if the safari has more than 40.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO the features are great, like waterproofing, backlights, Multi feqs, etc. but what what really matters is the person swinging the machine. You need to be competent with any machine to get the best results. After all buying a race car won't make you a competent racer only experience can do that. We have all detected behind the new guy with his brand new top of the line detector while we are following along with our 10 to 15 year old machine, and the new guy can't understand why we are able to out do him.

When the machine has been out for a year and the new owners have had the time to get competent with these new Minelabs and then do a review.
That is when we should pay attention, right now it's hype.

This is just my opinion, there is no relation to facts here.
I guess it's time to knock back a cold one, or two:occasion14::laughing7:

OP
OP
darktower007

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus/Vaquero/At Max/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for all the responses! Very informative read on many levels. I’ve only been detecting for 7 months so I soak up all the tips I can get.

I currently own an at max f70 deus and vaquero. I’m partial to the deus, but after using the Etrac minelab has me hooked and I can’t wait to get the Nox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread