Equinox update review and what I noticed.

Voldetector

Sep 21, 2018
TN
Detector(s) used
F75+, NOX600, BHLRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is for the software update Minelab released.

Tonight I got bored and decided to go over a couple targets in the test bed pre update on the Nox 600. Test targets were deep targets, 10" clad dime and 12" quarter, 6" mercury dime on edge(wouldnt hit, if it did it was iron). It struggled on the 10 and 12 but would hit it here and there, Definitely a walk over in real world conditions.

Post update
So after the update same settings ect I went back outside. I wasnt expecting much, but to my surprise it was solid hits on the 10 and 12 no exaggerating. This machine is as deep as my F75+.... I could also hit it with swing speed maxxed out as well.(couldnt before) The TID wasnt bouncy either, stayed very tight and no low or teen numbers. To my surprise it picked up a little depth. Now to the Merc dime, it was able to hit pretty good, big improvement. I just bought the nox for my beach/water machine since the F75 is my baby, but I'm very pleased with it, esp post update.

Depth meter.
It has improved alot but still not accurate, but close enough.

Video coming soon

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oldhead

Mar 21, 2018
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm confused. The first time you tried the 600? and you couldn't get it to detect the targets? then tried again with the same settings and it worked perfectly?

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep Oldhead, he swung it pre update and it wouldn't hit as well as post update same settings. I'll be out there swinging today with the update and see what happens. Thx for the observations.

OP
OP
V

Voldetector

Sep 21, 2018
TN
Detector(s) used
F75+, NOX600, BHLRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oldhead, its comparing the old software to the new software update over the same targets. Only have about 30hrs on the 600 so far.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread