Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Either one, then sell it. :laughing7: Sorry. Oops, still have the Etrac, haven’t used it in years, the older tech is better.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The main reason I wouldn't purchase a Nox after owning an E-TRAC is I don't want to give up the ferrous target number displayed along with the conductive target number.

OP
OP
I

IN DA HOLE

Banned
Sep 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The main reason I wouldn't purchase a Nox after owning an E-TRAC is I don't want to give up the ferrous target number displayed along with the conductive target number.

Thanks, Fistfulladirt and SD51,

Those are my feelings also. I really like the display on the Etrac and find myself more of a visual hunter rather than relying 100% on my ears. I would get a CTX but its way too heavy to lug around in the places that I like to hunt. I don't water hunt so that's not an issue there.

Is there any reason to get a Nox over the Etrac other than it being newer technology? I dont think it is much deeper and maybe target separation is better and its lighter but my Deus covers that.

Would I be wasting money getting either or is there a benefit that the Deus lacks?

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Comparing Nox to ETrack is like comparing apples to oranges. Nox isn't in same class as the ETrac, just like it is not in same class as 3030. I have owned all 3 and still own Nox and 3030.

OP
OP
I

IN DA HOLE

Banned
Sep 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Comparing Nox to ETrack is like comparing apples to oranges. Nox isn't in same class as the ETrac, just like it is not in same class as 3030. I have owned all 3 and still own Nox and 3030.

Each machine is different I get it. Would you care to explain what you think is so different and which you would recommend ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both 3030 and Etrac give you both ferrous and conductive ID numbers for targets Nox has total of 49 TID, and no breakdown of ferrous and conductive content, both 3030 and ETrac give you far more depth. The Nox was never designed to compete or replace them, it was designed as a mid range detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread