Eric rex coin

Hannahlouise

Jun 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I'm really new to this and have never really found anything of much interest before but a few days ago I was walking with my husband in Colchester, essex UK and found an unusual coin that I thought I would try and find out a bit more about. It is silver in colour and on one side has the words "Eric" , "Rex" separated by a dagger and on the other it has what looks like a shield or flag with a cross on it. I cannot discern what the words are on this side.

For its suggested age the coin seems to be in remarkably good conditioner and therefore I am very doubtful that it is as exciting a find as I would hope. I'm thinking it's probably a replica but I just wondered if any one else knew any more about it than I do. I appreciate any information available. Thanks

Attachments

• image-765226187.jpg
    image-765226187.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 136
  • image-3276843070.jpg
    image-3276843070.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 112
Upvote 0

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Last edited:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet.
You are in one of the best places in Britain to detect, so get out in those ploughed fields & pull out a good un........

(sadly its a copy of a very rare coin)

OP
OP
H

Hannahlouise

Jun 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone! Thought it was too good to be true. I'm actually only about a ten minute walk away from where the roman chariot racing area was found so will definitely get out there x

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone! Thought it was too good to be true. I'm actually only about a ten minute walk away from where the roman chariot racing area was found so will definitely get out there x

Good, please post the results..........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread