Erratic sound yields a silver half

bavarianminister

Dec 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett GTA1000, GTAX550, ACE250, Fisher 1212, Minelab X-terra, Whites DFX
Swinging a coil one day at a homesite that had burned - very trashy site. I kept getting a good signal in one direction but not in the other. I kept going back to that spot digging up trash. My curiosity kept me going back there and finally after clearing out 5 pieces of trash that was masking my target I finally unearthed a walking liberty half. The trash was actually a bigger signal than the half dollar and the coin was finally found about 8 inches to the side of where I thought it should have been. The meter bounced all over the place naturally. Sometimes it's best to slow down and recheck those questionable signals. I have many times told myself to go back and recheck questionable signals, and not find that spot again - possibly missing some great finds.

Bavarianminister

Upvote 0
OP
OP
bavarianminister

bavarianminister

Dec 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett GTA1000, GTAX550, ACE250, Fisher 1212, Minelab X-terra, Whites DFX
a 1990 model GTA1000. I believe that was top of the line then. Still does a great job!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions