Errors

iwas1ncthr

Nov 20, 2007
Chicopee, Mass
Detector(s) used
Soon to have ML SE
http://koinpro.tripod.com/index.htm

I have read alot of the post in this area and see that many of you are interested in error coins etc. The above link is to one of the more know- lagable people in the error world of coins. Not only does he cover major errors but also what is know an die varieties. Take a look and if he does not have the picture you can always google the thing and hope to find a picture for study of a coin. I am very heavily into numismatics and I am more of a Lincoln cent collector than anything. I can quote the red book and every major double die from 1909 to presant and about 60% of the varieties in the Lincoln cent. That being said shows you that I am in no way a "know-it-all" about coins. I can answer basic questions and if you have pictures I can determin a real double die from hub doubling. I collect Lincolns for my 4 year old and am shy of the 6 biggest errors out there being the 1917,1936,1955,1969-s,1983,1984 double dies. There are also things called RPM's-repunched mint marks that are of some value along with about 100 other types of varieties. If anyone has any questions or pictures that they may need help with, please ask me. I will not ever try to tell you you have something if it's not and I will never ask if you want to sell it to me or try to rip you off as "some" dealers do. I will promise however if you have a coin that may be worth some serious bucks I can help guide you on how to get it graded and if you happen to have any of the big ones I know how to consign with about 3 major companies who will get you top $$$ from your coin as long as its graded. True as it seems, eBay may seem to be a great place to sell your coins but out of all seriousness, if you have a real good coin say a 1955 double die and it is graded MS65 you are better going through a professional consigner. You will see some coins on eBay hitting some crazy amounts of $$$ and they are not even worth 1 tenth of the price while that 1922 no-D Lincoln in VF-30 only get a bid of $75. I myself am not a dealer, seller of any kind. I do not represent any company or things related to making a buck from a coin. I am an average married father of 2, 33 years old and I am medically retiered federal police officer soon to be postal employee. The knowledge that is on this site is irreplaceable and while I am getting ready to dive into the MDing world I would love the chance to be able to give back to the forum for what they have been giving me.

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
Happy to see another " CENT " guy here. I think about brite red key dates when I am laying in bed.....
Some may call it a disease, I call it FUN. I suppose if that is all that keeps me awake at night, I am doing just fine.

Any good coin pics to show off?? Cant speak for anyone else but i would like to see all that you have.

VPR

Attachments

• IMG_7863.2_1_1.jpg
    IMG_7863.2_1_1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 240

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread