old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this jar of tokens in an old wooden box that I bought at an estate sale. I paid $15.00 for 6 boxes of which 2 were old wooden ones.
I'm not sure if any are of some value?

1 Folder #1 005.JPG 2 Folder #1 006.JPG

There were 55 of these 1/5 cent tokens

3 Folder #1 007.JPG 4 Folder #1 009.JPG

Utah 5 and 1 cent tokens. 16 of the 5, 7 of the 1.

5 Folder #1 008.JPG 6 Folder #1 010.JPG

12 of these.

7 Folder #1 011.JPG 8 Folder #1 013.JPG

9 Folder #1 014.JPG 10 Folder #1 015.JPG

11 Folder #1 012.JPG 12 Folder #1 016.JPG

Last edited:

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if some have value...?? :icon_scratch: Yes some do !! :headbang: Looks like you need to get a token book. :icon_thumleft:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

mammoth29

Feb 22, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool to see the Utah tokens, though they themselves are not worth much. You may have a thing or two in here worth something, hopefully an "expert" chimes in. BTW- bottom right picture, one with square in middle, that is actually an old Chinese coin not a token.

Great finds!

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool to see the Utah tokens, though they themselves are not worth much. You may have a thing or two in here worth something, hopefully an "expert" chimes in. BTW- bottom right picture, one with square in middle, that is actually an old Chinese coin not a token.

Great finds!

My apologies, I am aware that the Chinese coin is not a token, but thought I would include it since it was in with the tokens.

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was really curious about the value of the token in the 9th and 10th photo, top left corner. The ''Arthur House'' 2 cent token. Thanks for looking!

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find on the tokens. I really dig buying old boxes full of stuff from sales. Especially if they are to busy (or lazy) to go through them. Find my best stuff that way...

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find on the tokens. I really dig buying old boxes full of stuff from sales. Especially if they are to busy (or lazy) to go through them. Find my best stuff that way...

You are right on about that, and when they are so eager to sell at such low prices so they don't have to worry about hauling it off.

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are still trying to sell the house, and the old garage still has stuff in it. I even got permision to metal detect the yard and am going to go before it gets sold.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I don't know the value of the token but it could be enhanced with added history--like this:
Michael Arthur (d.1884) was a banker who came to Clay County from Kentucky in 1825. He considered himself the “architect” of his own fortune, having borrowed $200 in 1827, only to leverage that into several successful real estate and business holdings. He was president of the Pro-Slavery Aid Association, which sent men and means into Kansas to further the pro-slavery cause. He was said to be a great benefactor to his slaves, paying them for their labor. When the slaves were liberated after the Civil War, his were given considerable sums of money and acres of land. Along with General Alexander Doniphan and Edward M. Samuel, he organized and led the Liberty Insurance company. He built the first railroad between Hannibal and St. Joseph, Mo., and was the most generous investor in the construction of Liberty’s first hotel in 1855, which was named for him: the Arthur House Hotel.
Don.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread