Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I recall reading and hearing in past, that the stock headphones that comes with the Etrac are not as good as some of the aftermarket ones you can purchase. What is it about a different pair of phones that could improve your hunt? I mean doesn't the machine just send the signal to the phones? Thanks.
I have a pair of Jolly Rogers and on my Etrac they're not as good as stock headphones. I can't hear the faint threshold breaks. I'm sticking with Koss for now. Also tried a pair of Killer B's with same result as JR's. I may look at a pair if Gray Ghost to see if they're any better.

Last edited:

pwcguy

May 20, 2010
Va
Detector(s) used
E-Trac (retired)
CTX3030, Double Eagle
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only thing I didn't like about the stock head phones is that they would fall off my head. I thought the sound was good. I didn't like the Grey Ghosts because they pinched my head to much.

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I just got my etrac. the first and only outing the stock headphones seem to be pretty good, better than what I had on my dfx.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys,

I recall reading and hearing in past, that the stock headphones that comes with the Etrac are not as good as some of the aftermarket ones you can purchase. What is it about a different pair of phones that could improve your hunt? I mean doesn't the machine just send the signal to the phones? Thanks.

Well weather it is good or not is up to you.
Everyone hears differently. You should Borrow and try different ones before you purchase.
What I use on the E-track are the Garrett Stow-a-ways.
On my GP 3500 I use Black Widows .
On My Sovereign GT I use Koss UR 30.
With the Gold Bug Pro I use the Black Widows or the Koss UR 30.

roygpa

Mar 5, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+ Garrett AT-Pro, Fisher F5, Fisher F2, 2- Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So far I like the stock headphones that came with the E-trac, but I have a fat head so the chances of them falling off is slim.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had my e-trac for years and have never had a problem with the headphones. Don't spend for money than you have too!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread