Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 13" Ultimate, 15" Wot or 15" x 12" SEF coils are the most common coils people use when going for more depth or coverage. The 13" is the lightest weight of the 3 and the only one I have used. It has good sensitivity and depth, but the balance of the Etrac without a harness was tiring for me. Good luck and HH!

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the 15" Coiltec WOT coil and like it very much for non-trashy large areas. It's still very sensitive to small targets. It'll hit on a tiny rivet at a foot down and quarters at 18".

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the 15" Coiltec WOT coil and like it very much for non-trashy large areas. It's still very sensitive to small targets. It'll hit on a tiny rivet at a foot down and quarters at 18".

Coiltek makes the best quality coils I have seen. Very very impressed.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 13" Ultimate, 15" Wot or 15" x 12" SEF coils are the most common coils people use when going for more depth or coverage. The 13" is the lightest weight of the 3 and the only one I have used. It has good sensitivity and depth, but the balance of the Etrac without a harness was tiring for me. Good luck and HH!

Buddy of mine has the 13" ultimate coil.on his etrac and he can't say enough good things anout it. I see a lot of videos on YouTube with thay coil on most etracs. I plan on getting on for my safari.

OP
OP
rj35pj

rj35pj

Oct 17, 2007
East Central Indiana
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
E-trac,Omniprobe
Thank you for all the replys. I have ordered a 15" WOT coil. My only concern will be the weight, I will have to come up with my own harness or buy one (honey it's just a little more money) :laughing7:

Detector Wars

Nov 26, 2008
Thank you for all the replys. I have ordered a 15" WOT coil. My only concern will be the weight,

You... Will... Absolutely... Love it!!

I will have to come up with my own harness or buy one (honey it's just a little more money) :laughing7:

It's not the weight you have to worry about. You will get plenty of opportunities to put the detector down, when you're digging. Start thinking about getting a better digging tool... and say hello to your Popeye forearms.

popeye.jpg

Last edited:

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you Bart. I received my 15 inch coil yesterday! I hope to try it out Saturday if the weather cooperates!

Did you get to use the coil yet? What do you think?

Santa Wife is looking for suggestions for me and I was thinking about this coil.

Thanks,

Pete

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Santa Wife is looking for suggestions for me and I was thinking about this coil.

Thanks,

Pete

Don't worry, the WOT is great. It is large, got one for my Safari for open fields and you can cover some ground and find deep stuff for sure!!

OP
OP
rj35pj

rj35pj

Oct 17, 2007
East Central Indiana
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
E-trac,Omniprobe

Thanks,

Yes, I only got out one day before the weather chased me out, but I dug one Indian head penny in my favorite field and several very small bits of copper and other trash. It seems to be very sensitive and the targets I've dug so far have been very small. I wanted the coil not so much for depth but better coverage. I don't think it is any heavier than my stock coil.

I'm happy. Good luck with Santa. :)

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thanks,

Yes, I only got out one day before the weather chased me out, but I dug one Indian head penny in my favorite field and several very small bits of copper and other trash. It seems to be very sensitive and the targets I've dug so far have been very small. I wanted the coil not so much for depth but better coverage. I don't think it is any heavier than my stock coil.

I'm happy. Good luck with Santa. :)

Thanks for the reply. I think have been a good boy this year.

I do a lot of dry sand hunting and think this coil would be a nice addition.

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess I was good boy, Santa wife came through with the WOT coil. Only problem is this is what my yard currently looks like.

rink2013.jpg

I guess it will be March before I get to try it out.

HH and Happy New Year!

pete

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's back up in the 70's here. I wish it would get back down in the 50's. I feel for you all stuck inside. On the flip side, here it's 95 here all spring and summer with gnats and skeeters killing us, while it's nice up there where you guys are now.

Last edited:

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's back up in the 70's here. I wish it would get back down in the 50's. I feel for you all stuck inside. On the flip side, here it's 95 here all spring and summer with gnats and skeeters killing us, while it's nice up there where you guys are now.

Well I do like 4 seasons,but winter seems longer then the others epecially at the end of it. But we definitley get the skeeters here, at least no gators and very few deadly snakes.

HH,

Pete

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread