etrac users, please help me from wrapping mine around a tree!

mineslob

May 5, 2015
springfield ma
Detector(s) used
minelab etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you're prob better than me by now. I've got about 50 hours on my new e trac and im loving it. I've been notching out everything with a FE over 17 and it seems to be working for me. As for the rusty nails I still dig a few but not that many and when I do I'm pretty much expecting one but hoping its a deep silver on it's edge. The sounds are really the key to fully utilizing the machine I feel. The rusty nail tone compared to the coin tone has become more and more identifiable. I also feel that the coin tone is much more clear and repeatable. A quarter my jump from 46 to 48, a dime from 44 to 46, but usually the rusty nails seem to have a much wider spectrum. Like they will jump from 43 to 49. and the rusty signal has more tones and not as repeatable as the coin. I love this machine though. My buddy uses the AT Pro and for loaded trashy areas the e trac prevails. I hit a 1911 barber quarter at about 11 inches in a place that is littered with iron and rusty stuff. Anyway, like I said i'm new with this machine as well so take everything I said with a grain of salt... Dig on.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you're prob better than me by now. I've got about 50 hours on my new e trac and im loving it. I've been notching out everything with a FE over 17 and it seems to be working for me. As for the rusty nails I still dig a few but not that many and when I do I'm pretty much expecting one but hoping its a deep silver on it's edge. The sounds are really the key to fully utilizing the machine I feel. The rusty nail tone compared to the coin tone has become more and more identifiable. I also feel that the coin tone is much more clear and repeatable. A quarter my jump from 46 to 48, a dime from 44 to 46, but usually the rusty nails seem to have a much wider spectrum. Like they will jump from 43 to 49. and the rusty signal has more tones and not as repeatable as the coin. I love this machine though. My buddy uses the AT Pro and for loaded trashy areas the e trac prevails. I hit a 1911 barber quarter at about 11 inches in a place that is littered with iron and rusty stuff. Anyway, like I said i'm new with this machine as well so take everything I said with a grain of salt... Dig on.

Well said, I've been digging everything, that helps ya learn a lot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread