Eureka Gold & Sovereign GT

W6PEA

Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, Mexifornia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Gt, Minelab SD2200v2, Minelab ExlporerSE Pro 2
Eureka Gold & Sovereign GT

What is the difference between these two machines?

I would seem to think that they are almost the same but, if and that's a mighty big word. You look at them they seem to be exactly the same .
Does anyone have any experience with the Eureka Gold, as compared to the Sovereign GT ?

I am interested in getting one for doing gold prospecting.
I am new to the Sovereign Gt,but I want to go and do some prospecting also.
I guess one of my questions is , will the Sovereign GT do fair to good in prospecting, or do we need to get the Eureka Gold for that exclusively?

Attachments

• eurekagold.jpg
    eurekagold.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,160
  • Image7_1.jpg
    Image7_1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,824

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Eureka Gold & Sovereign GT

As I understand it, and this is just from looking seriously at the Sovereign GT, the Sovereign is not the best choice for small gold dust/tiny nuggets. It runs at lower frequencies. The Eureka Gold runs at 20 Khx to 60 Khz and will find the tiny particles, but would be at a disadvantage as a relic or deep coin machine. The Sovereign runs at 1.5 (!) to 25.5 Khz (that super low end is where it gets the deep seeker reputation and capability).

If your primary interest is gold dust - go with the Eureka. I've got myself 80% convinced I need a Sovereign.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread