Eureka!!! Ive found gold..... I think????

pulltab hatr

Jan 7, 2008
delaware,ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Eureka!!! I've found gold..... I think????

Well first of all let me say thanks to all of you nice people who have helped answer my questions on here. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:. Today I headed back down to the river to look some more. Started off by walking up and down the bank looking for spots to dig. There were trees on the bank with roots sticking up which would act as a sluice type action when the water flows over them. Also the rocks in the area were smooth from the water flowing over them. I remember hearing somewhere to look for those type of rocks. I started digging around the roots but didn't find much. In this part of the river there are large flat rocks all over all the way across the river and they all have large cracks in them. I found one near the shore and dug into the crack. The first thing I found was the grey thing in the pic. It is flat and bendable but grey in color. I dug down deeper to the hard rock below. There was black clay at the bottom. This time I used a stick and dug up under the bottom of the rock. After panning this one I found the yellow flake in the bottom of the pan. Man I was sooooooo excited I wanted to do a happy dance right there. It's not huge but is way bigger than what I have been finding. Please let me know what you think. Is it or isn't it gold????

I have include 2 more pics taken under my microscope at 10x power. Can anyone tell me what the grey colored flake is? Kinda looks like it has gold in it???

Attachments

• gold 1.jpg
    gold 1.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 618
  • gold 3.jpg
    gold 3.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 617
  • gold 11.jpg
    gold 11.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 618
  • ????? 1.jpg
    ????? 1.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 610
Upvote 0

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Eureka!!! I've found gold..... I think????

Looks like gold to me! :sunny:

Now go get some crevicing tools and find some more.

HH
Steve

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

yay! like Steve said....get some crevicing tools and get busy! Nothing like that feeling when you find that first gold all on your own, is there?!! :icon_sunny:

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

That would be gold, yes-

You done it! Now go find more!

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Gold indeed! Congrats. 8)

OP
OP
pulltab hatr

pulltab hatr

Jan 7, 2008
delaware,ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum

Yeah that was a GREAT feeling. I was finding very tiny specks but this was the first time I found something I could actually pick out of the pan.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

It won't be the last! Keep at it! I am looking forward to seeing more from ya! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread