Euro to USA***

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
This summer I picked up some euro's [ coins that is]. They are odd because the 1 euro is brass around the outside and bright in the center. It has what appears to be a German eagle on the back. The 2 euro is brass in the center and bright around the edge. It has an Irish harp on the back. The colors are both light so the difference does not show well.

Attachments

• coins_0011 1euro_edited-1.jpg
    coins_0011 1euro_edited-1.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 323
  • coins_0012 1euro eagle_edited-1.jpg
    coins_0012 1euro eagle_edited-1.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 319
  • coins_0009 2euro_edited-1.jpg
    coins_0009 2euro_edited-1.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 328
  • coins_0010 2euro harp_edited-1.jpg
    coins_0010 2euro harp_edited-1.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 327

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't like them. They look cheaply made and the design looks like one from a first year student.
When they were introduced some misstrikes showed up. Inner piece falls out, complete silver 1 euro coins, 2 euro coin with inner and outer colours reversed. Very rare and high priced now.
I wish we had our german Mark back and did not have to pay for greece.... :tongue3:

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every euro country has its own design on the front. The two that you have, one is German and one is Irish. Yes, they are a bit simple, but that makes it easier to identify. The real problem is when I bring my 10 Baht, Thai coins to Europe, and pass them off for a 2 € coin. I have just made 70 Baht, a pretty good profit. 1€ = 40 TBH. They are almost exactly the same size as an euro, and since we have euros from lots of countries, the clerks dont know the difference, they just think its from a new country that joined the euro!! Actually I had a lot of Baht in my bag, and after being in Europe for a while, I realized, that my Baht had all been spent, so I nor anyone else noticed!!
At least the euro is still worth something, even with the financial crises, more than I can say for the dollar!!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Last time I was in Mexico, I came back with several rolls of 5 centovas, their 5 cent coin. It is the same size as the US quater and works in the coin machines. Probably has a higher exchange rate then your baht, but would take longer to realise it.

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 232
  • hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 239

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn't really care what they look like what's important is what they are made of ! Seems some of the coins are to be made of steel in the future. What state will they be in after a few years in ground or salt ?

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U.K. Brian said:
Seems some of the coins are to be made of steel in the future. What state will they be in after a few years in ground or salt ?

Will make the coins collectable faster, unless they plan on making a gazillion of each year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread