Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,

I got permission to hunt a private yard yesterday, so I hit it today..I found less than normal in this particular one, but I was glad to see the original owner of the place was at least SLIGHTLY careless :)

I found $1.74 in clad, a silver Rosie, 2 wheats, and a ring I thought was gold with an "S" initial. It turned out to be costume with a dollar sign emblem..the ring gods are making fun of me again >:( I also found another "zip top" tab (my 3rd) which I thought was cool.

R3.jpg

R2.jpg

R1.jpg

R4.jpg

It got to about 69 degrees today so I think the MDing season is in full swing here. It was nice to search new ground..I'm keeping my eyes out for more in my area to hunt this spring/summer.

Hope everyone has a great night.

Nat

Upvote 0

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always love silver any silver, small silver love it, big silver LOVE IT... :thumbsup:
Oh yeah wheaties, gotta love wheaties... :icon_sunny:
Nice Finds... 8)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
All silver is good!! Congrats on getting permission to hunt that yard and getting the silver!!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you found some silver! Good stuff.

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! And, aaahhhh, isn't it nice to be out in the sunshine?!? Keep swingin' and findin'!

I_Dig_NYC

Jan 25, 2008
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Another fine hunt by the Natman !! :thumbsup:
The ring was just a little tease from the detector gods.
Weather up here is slowly getting better too, got out yesterday and found some clad, a 48' wheat and a 40's or 50's copper foreign penny. Oh and a golf ball ???

I got a lot of catching up to do.

Harry.

OP
OP
Natman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you all.

Harry, not only do I find those golf balls all over the place, but I also found more than my share of baseballs, tennis balls and soccer balls..I even found a basketball once and also a football. Eventually I started leaving them alone for other people to find..my kids already have every ball there is and I was still bringing them home ::)

HH,
Nat

I_Dig_NYC

Jan 25, 2008
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
That's funny Natman, just the other day I did find a softball. I was gonna bring it home for my dogs to chew on but I put it down somewhere and forgot about it. ??? With summer coming I'm sure there will be plenty to find. The park I hunt is a popular driving range for golfers. Before I got rid of my clubs I never had to buy golf balls. I just walked around picking them up by the dozens. By the way you know where I could sell used golf balls. ??? HeHe........

HH
Harry...

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man it's fun seeing that shiny little thing in the hole isn't it? :icon_sunny:
I'm ready for the season to begin. I won't be able to hunt as often this year..but any hunt time is good time.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nat,
The Rosie is great, but I'm gonna have to go with the Loonie. ::)
Another ring? 12 now?
Congrats,
MM

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Congrats on the nice silver find! Love seeing that silver edge down in the hole!!!

OP
OP
Natman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ModernMiner said:
Another ring? 12 now?
Congrats,
MM

I have 13 so far Doug, but only 3 are silvers, the rest are costume.

Thanks all
Nat

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Way to go Nattie.....Glad you got to get out for awhile. Spring is popping here! Gotta stick close to home though, can't afford the dang gas to drive all over creation! :tongue3:

HH,
Moon

OP
OP
Natman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Moonshadow said:
Way to go Nattie.....Glad you got to get out for awhile. Spring is popping here! Gotta stick close to home though, can't afford the dang gas to drive all over creation! :tongue3:

HH,
Moon

Thanks Moonie! I know what you mean about the gas..they say it's gonna get worse..not good for anyone..my truck has 8 cylinders..unless I'm finding lots of rings and/or old coins, it won't really be worth it driving far away for the clad I find (that will go right back into the gas tank) >:(

Nat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread