Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasn't feeling all too well but had to get my fix. ;) So, I went to a local school and started swinging in a spot I figured nobody would think to bother. I was wrong. The ground was repaired well enough but I could tell it had been hunted before.

Knowing that I wouldn't be there long I went into "fine tune" mode. The combination of heat and a bit of "Montezuma's revenge" did me in and I had to "go". ;)

But, before I quit I had hit this one tree and it was just plain littered with trash in this one spot. At least, that's what I thought until I listened a little more carefully.

Here's the take:

Image78.jpg

Not too terrible for 20 mins. But, the key was that I found most of these in an area of about 1 foot square. Obviously, a pocket spill. 2 quarters, 5 dimes, all the pennies. They all dated from '65 to '70.
I found them all because I didn't look at the many signals as trash but rather as a possible spill and interfering with each other.

It worked.

I even got a small bonus for my work.

Image79.jpg Image80.jpg

I figure a drop with the pocket spill. Someone still had a wheatie in their pocket. :)

Thanks for peeking!

HH!

Upvote 1

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not bad. Wish I had the patience to see "trash" signals for their potential. I hate digging around trees for all the roots, though.

That does happen to me sometimes, finding wheats in random places makes me think they were dropped recently rather than a long time ago. Still, a wheat's a wheat.

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice finds congrats HH

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pile of "trash" and a great little lizard, did it try to sell you some insurance? Hope you are feeling like you could 'stay' longer..................63bkpkr

nov2101

Jul 6, 2012
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i with 2x3" eclipse, 6" DD,12" DD & 12"Hot shot.
Minelab CTX 3030 with 6" DD. 11"& 17"
2@Vibebra pin point probes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you feel better, super coin finds....for short hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread