ever bump your head while...

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
out metal detecting? You know low tree limbs, monkey bars and stuff. I mean i have hit my head so hard that i saw stars just because of not being aware of my surroundings. Today was a real headbanger :-\ i walked into a 10 mph sign and fell on my arse. >:( Its not so bad when it happens but a few people saw it and laughed. So tell the truth what have you walked into?

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Didn't hit my head but was moving branches as I went. Grabbed hold of one and went to move it, instant pain!!! thorn tree and a big 'un at that. Was sore and festered the next day, found a tiny speck (tip) almost a 1/4" down in the wound. :tard: >:(

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stoney56 said:
Didn't hit my head but was moving branches as I went. Grabbed hold of one and went to move it, instant pain!!! thorn tree and a big 'un at that. Was sore and festered the next day, found a tiny speck (tip) almost a 1/4" down in the wound. :tard: >:(
ouch :-\

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Something to think about. ;D

Ray S

Attachments

• white hard hat.jpg
    white hard hat.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 195

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
All the time, AA. Monkey Bars, tree branches, etc. I also get my headphones ripped off my head when the coil gets tangled in something, usually a branch in the woods. Annoying, and it hurts, sometimes.

DM

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray S ECenFL said:
Something to think about. ;D

Ray S
Digginman said:
All the time, AA. Monkey Bars, tree branches, etc. I also get my headphones ripped off my head when the coil gets tangled in something, usually a branch in the woods. Annoying, and it hurts, sometimes.

DM
hmm hard hat :D

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you were walking slower than 10mph, you might've seen the sign. :P

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've bumped my head so hard I thought I'd be bleeding from the ears. Danged tree branches! >:( Also just about poked an eye out several times too, almost walked into an open well, and fell and busted my arse too many times to count.

Happens to all of us.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Worst thing I eve walked into was a HUGE spider web. :o I am deathly afraid of spiders!!!!

I dropped my machine and started swinging wildly trying to get it off. The big garden spider that made the web didn't like me much for tearing up its web but then I don't think it survived long enough to have any other thoughts. :-\

Didn't mean to kill it is was just a reaction. It didn't do anything wrong and I still feel pretty bad about it because they are really pretty spiders. (for a spider that is).

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I've bumped into lots of things while eye-balling a sweet thing walking by,but never while just watching my detector.Come to think about it,those bumps were before I even had a detector(metal).

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
All the time!!! I'm not know for metal stecting grace. I have run into low branches, fallen into rivers while digging into the side of bank. Cut myself on broken bottles...you name it, it's happened to me.
I was at a old mine in New Mexico, climbing the tailing, lost my footing and slid all the way down...i had a nasty case of road rash, bleeding thru my jeans and shirt...and for some odd reason, I felt proud of that moment, like I earned my TH'ing stripes!

Usually, I look around to see if anyone saw it.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
think the hardest i ever hit my head was when i got married 28 years ago ::)

S

stefen

When I first moved into my Eichler home (Post Modern), the rooms facing the inner enclosed courtyard are floor-to-ceiling glass panels and sliding doors (a total of 4) I walked from the living room to the office...right into a sliding glass door panel. Broke my glasses and darn near broke my nose, as well. ..jammed the nose pieces into the bridge of my nose...

Suprising how much you bleed from such a small wound...

At least I had an excuse...was under the 10 mph speed limit ;D

Attachments

• Eichler Court.jpg
    Eichler Court.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 176
B

BIG61AL

If i had nickle for every time a branch hooked my headphones and pulled them off I'd have a
$#!<[*% of nickles - HAHA.. Slid down a hill for ten feet in mud, my pants were caked with mud. Had to put something on my car seat just to drive home. I also step on my headphone wire and then try to stand up....almost rips my head off!

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also step on my headphone wire and then try to stand up....almost rips my head off!

Yep, I've done that many times. I keep telling myself that i won't do that again, lol... I also bumped my head so hard on some playground equipment that I got dizzy. A baseball cap can get in the way of your sight sometimes, lol.

DANGLANGLEY

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
glad to know i am not the only headbanger in here :coffee:

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The limbs are always attacking me :tard:.
The craziest thing i almost walked into was a drive by shooting. I'll try to keep this short.
A guy was telling me about where he used to live back in the early 60's.He said when him and and a bunch of other kids would walk by this house going to school, a man would come out and toss handfuls of coins to them.This supposidly happening a couple times a week.He said he figured the yard was just full of old change where the kids couldn't find it all where it went in the grass.
So I got the address and found that it was in a bad area for violence of present day.I figured as long as i went in daylight it would be ok.Boy was i wrong,once i found the old address i had to park a couple blocks down the road and walk back to the property, as I was coming to a old vacant lot i could see some older teenagers walking my way,as i was getting closer a car came around the corner with it's tires a squalling and when they got right by the boys they started firing a small hand gun toward them and than drove off.The teenagers Miraculasly wasn't hit and just took off running for the direction they came from.

I wasn't able to find anything that day because i was to busy air balancing my machine with long strides all the way back to the truck with alot of sensitivity;D.

Nova Treasure

S

stefen

B ig difference between bumping your head and crapping your pants...one hurts for a little while and the other is flat out embarrassing :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread