ever check pockets and drawers at goodwill?

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was looking for a "disposable" work coat since I was spending most of my days dragging a winch line through the brush and mud. I bought a Navy Pea coat at Goodwill and the next day found a Band-Aid box full of credit cards in one of the pockets. I turned them in at the police station. What a mess. I should have cut them up and forgot it.

ZJBarney

Jun 22, 2010
Yuma, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Cutlass 2 umax
Good idea, you just gave me another way to spend time at Goodwill while my wife shops :thumbsup: I spent about 4 hours at Goodwill in the past week and haven't thought about that yet.

OP
OP
colorado14ers

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
i found a pocket knife in a drawer once. still waiting for a $100 bill!!! :laughing7:

ldablo

Apr 21, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Master Hunter CX Plus
A few years back I was at a thrift store looking through the wallets and found a $5 bill. I always thought they went through those things better...usually they do. I also found a credit card once...I just turned that in at the counter. No rare Declaration of Independences or anything like that yet. Although, I did find a Lalique bowl for 79 cents. That was pretty cool.

OP
OP
colorado14ers

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
mcgearhead said:
Just curious. Are these all found from things that you have purchased ? Or did you find the things in the store, and without purchasing the items they were in, just walked out of the store with it ?

well, i let a worker know what i found and they usualy say somthing like .99 or .25 and i buy it. so i dont just "take" them. :)

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just to say I dont check their drawers!!!! unless i purchase them!!! Dont forget to remove the drawers and flip them over you might find something under them!!! I love my job When people move out I get to go through what they leave behind!!!! I only have to hold on to items for 30 days and only if they are over 50.00 in value!!! Send a letter and wait for the responce!!! no responces ever!!!!! Found two hundred doller bills tape on the bottom of a drawer once years ago in california!!!

Toy boxes are a Gold mine!!!

HH Chug

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
And I thought that I was the only one that frisk Good Will. In a job, long ago, I repaired cash registers. I would go to an account ,Remove all the covers and drawer from the register. There were usually oil saturated bills under the drawer area. I would hold them up, dripping oil and ask the customer if they wanted them. The answer was always no. I would take them back to the shop and put them in my jar of solvent for a day and reap my reward the next day. In a way,I guess I have always been a treasure hunter. Hay, scan the asphalt on the parking lots, especially near banks. I have found many coins dropped by people removing car keys. I have also found several bills.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread