Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Well that's what I call it.

Got out of bed at 5am to shut alarm off,turned slightly and DOWN I went,layed there for a bit after my Wife asked if I was alright...............told Her...don't think I'll be hunting for a spell:BangHead:.

Been Icing it with bags of frozen veggies,they work pretty well too,anyway,I've felt a sharp pain for several months when I turn,guess that was one turn to many!

Real bummer,I can't stand setting around.Left knee is swollen a bit!

GOD Bless

Chris

Attachments

• K1600_001.JPG
    K1600_001.JPG
    366 KB · Views: 70

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Chris, that's a bummer. Hope you get to feeling better!

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Get better man. For me movement is the best therapy.

sponge using smoke signals.

Ya,I agree,it just hurts like crazy when I get up from setting,it gets better with walking......I just dare not try to bend yet!!!!!!!!!!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
YES.... IS THE ANSWER!!!! I've had the "blowout" scene also Chris. I wish ya the best buddy.... just gotta ride it out for awhile.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel for you! A few years ago I went to the doctor with my left knee. It was swelled a bit and was painful at times when I put weight on it. I could walk, but gave the left knee a little TLC when I put my foot down. Some days were worse than others. Anyway, The doctor had some Xrays made of my knees; both of them for comparison. I went back a few days later and asked the doctor if I had some damaged cartilage in my left knee. He looked at me and said, "What cartilage?" He said the it was almost non-existent in my left knee, but the right one was ok. He injected the knee with some cortisone and Lidocaine mixture. (I believe that's what it was.) He told me to 'hang on' as he prepared to stick that huge needle into my knee. I was trying to be ready to stifle a scream. He pushed the needle part way in, then pushed it farther. He squirted the mixture into my knee. When he pulled the needle out, he asked me if it hurt as badly as I thought it would. I told him that I was surprised, that it was only about 10% of the pain I expected. He said it would be sore for a day or two; but would be much better.

If I'd met him on the street at anytime during the next two weeks, I'd have been tempted to strangle him! Sore? I don't remember having anything that sore before! After about 2 weeks, it did get better. It still swells and feels like something is grating at times when I bend it. I have a knee brace; but very seldom need it. I've been taking glucosamine and chondroitin pills for several years, and they seem to help. Now I'm doing the gin/raisin therapy also.

No! I do not consider a 'knee replacement' as long as I can walk on it, and probably not even if I can't. It's hell to get old!

Again, I hope you're better quickly.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is it a miniscus tear? I had two operations for them last year, right knee first. Cortisone didn't help at all. Digging while detecting is easy, it's the getting up that's hard.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Elevate, Ice, heat,(alternatly), and mild exercise......you'll be you old self in no time....I really do feel your pain!.....Gary

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a torn meniscus. You should get an MRI scan. My wife did the same slight leg turn. Get it checked out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread