Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I went for a hunt at the beach right in front of my apartment, It was a snorkel hunt.
I just got in the water and turned on the old CZ and was setting the controls and started to move the coil and ding heard something, thought maybe it was just chatter, but know it was solid....fanned the bottom and bing" a small silver ring. Then nothing for the next 20 min until my batteries ran out.:BangHead:
Anyway, that's my story for today" 2014_0105_225126_007 - Copy.JPG

Upvote 23

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, that's a unique design! Turquoise seems to be in nice shape, too. Congrats! -Lisa & John

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Twice this year my first target was a gold ring. I hardly ever talk about it because even to me it is unbelievable. Nice score on the silver.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the find, I HATE hitting targets immediately at the start of a hunt. I have always had horrible finds after those "teasers"

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds!

Tradertom

Jul 20, 2016
South Central Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP DEUS, AT PRO plus several older detector going back 45 years.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great way to start. Too bad batteries ran out.

OP
OP
Dave N Japan

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ha,,,Ha...I know Jason, I should of packed up and went home right then....but my batteries helped me anyway

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe it because have had it happen many times - one time I set my coil down near the water - leaned the box against me and was putting my headphones on - turned machine on and its blasting - lifted coil up and it stops - set right back down and blasting - so I swing - got a target under my coil - large gold wedding band --another time was hunting with a buddy - he sets up and runs right out into the water - im playing with my mask and some woman is asking if we find anything good - yada yada yada - I finally walk out to waist deep - set my cz21 coil on the bottom and turn machine on - it blasting - move it and it goes silent - move back - blasting - give a fan with my dive boot - large old class ring up against a patch of sea grass - buddy was like 10 yards away - I yelled - "large class ring...first target...I set my coil right on it!" have had a few others similar but these were 2 of the better ones
Twice this year my first target was a gold ring. I hardly ever talk about it because even to me it is unbelievable. Nice score on the silver.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive had that happen a few times myself - get a nice one right off the bat and youre like - this is gonna be a great day - wah wah wah - nothing or not much after. I hit a beach in NH that had a machine that could go out in the shallows at low tide and clean the bottom on up thru the dry - I did not know this - I get in the morning and head in - after 5 mins. my first target is huge silver ring - and im like O yea if this is here...and others did not get it... Im gonna kill it today. all I got after that was a stainless spoon - a local came down and said "you know the cleaner came thru earlier...Id be surprised if you got anything"
I told him I was wondering what the strange marks were all over the bottom - the 2 items must have been lost right after he was done - both were right on top - I don't go back there (partly because its 3+ hrs away) and don't like competing against the locals and a giant cleaning machine

Congrats on the find, I HATE hitting targets immediately at the start of a hunt. I have always had horrible finds after those "teasers"

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have on several occasions found a ring one or two minutes into a hunt. Congrats a ring is a ring and all rings are beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring. That's a really cool picture with your CZ in the water like that.

wpsgta1000

Jul 17, 2013
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some years back I pulled up to an old home site got the detector out and dropped it the ground to ground balance it . Kept going off so I raised it up and tried again. After the third try is so I decided to sweep the coil and pin point, dug up an 1918 SL quarter.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice silver ring, congrats Dave....:thumbsup:

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found a mens 14k wedding band on the first swing not even 6 feet from the car at a park. After digging it I got back into the car. I figured there was no way I was going to top that for the day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions