tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
That's amazing :o How does someone invent a machine like that :icon_scratch:

The work the men were doing looked very monotonous :-\

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Golly ,no hammers no pry bars no end of track town, cant say as to drunks. what has the world come to. wonder how many men they could hire with what that rig cost.? Bob

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Working for the railroad isn't anything like it used to be thats for sure. Here is a video of what I used to do for a living, it doesn't show it very well but getting those backhoes on top of those trains was a lot of fun.

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is really amazing. Bet that machinery is costly and requires a lot of maintenence ::) "'I've been working on the railroad"!! remember that song? Thanks for sharing

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
shaun7, And I'll bet that it can be a real bear to locate an electric short somewhere or fix a mechanical
breakdown. There are so many moving parts thet have to work together and in sequence, You're right,
some of those guys look like it would be an awful boring job.

Bob, yup, I'd say it would cost a large fortune. And I was wondering how well it wpold work on a steep
grade. Maybe not so good.

bigcypresshunter, No, the ties looked like some kind of durable man-made material.

savant, thanks for sharing that good video. Those loaders looked like they would work pretty great once
they were loaded on the cars.
Thanks to you and all the above guys that posted a reply above.

Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread