Indian camps, that the trees mark. for what and by
who, is sometimes hard to fig out.
since it is someones prop, I would follow the land
records back as far as you can, and check early &
late 1800s maps of the area maybe you can get an
idea of who could have traveled through the prop and
surrounding area. then start searching those groups
activities, IE: hunters,surveyors,civil war, miners
maybe then some of the markings will make sense.
if you find the area is civil war related, then there
is a chance of caches, $,guns,supplies ect. unless
the goods were already found
ps
dosent hurt to keep good notes,like say sig tree 1
whats due N,S,ect.like the table rock is x ft/yrds
from ST1,and 500 yrds from table rock is rock face
& ###, or
rock with fish, is x ft south of hoyo rock, ect.
and thanks for sharing the imgs, shows the area
had some kind of use besides farming
all JMO

OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reply to cw0909

mm2, the Indian signal/trail trees, show the way to
water,camp areas, and sometimes they are just trail
markers from A to B.
jmo I think, others at a later date used the old
Indian camps, that the trees mark. for what and by
who, is sometimes hard to fig out.
since it is someones prop, I would follow the land
records back as far as you can, and check early &
late 1800s maps of the area maybe you can get an
idea of who could have traveled through the prop and
surrounding area. then start searching those groups
activities, IE: hunters,surveyors,civil war, miners
maybe then some of the markings will make sense.
if you find the area is civil war related, then there
is a chance of caches, $,guns,supplies ect. unless
the goods were already found
ps
dosent hurt to keep good notes,like say sig tree 1
whats due N,S,ect.like the table rock is x ft/yrds
from ST1,and 500 yrds from table rock is rock face
& ###, or
rock with fish, is x ft south of hoyo rock, ect.
and thanks for sharing the imgs, shows the area
had some kind of use besides farming
all JMO

You make some very good points. Yes I should be doing these things, some of which I have been. I am on a seeking mission for now to find as many clues as possible. Not meaning that these trees do not have value, they do. Hopefully they are not going any where for a while. I'm like a kid in a candy store, these trees are the signs out side the store advertising the candy, and I am at the counter looking at the gum balls and suckers. So the trees in my case (if I know it or not) are at this point secondary information. I assume they lead people in that are coming from afar but some how I jumped to the front of the line. I do need to document everything but for now I'm trying to find and sort out the clues of were to dig. This is made difficult because I think there may be as many as 3 or more trails here in close to each other. I know I'm frustrating some folks by not getting on with it, but I do not want to mess up important clues for one of the other trails. There are some Civil War works not far from this location. There are Spanish, and there are others as well.
Thank you for the helpful information. I'm trying to learn and as you know there is a lot of information to take in and I'm bound to forget some things even the basics. All of these sites are different, there are no two the same. As far as I can tell from the pictures I'm taking there are some pretty unique features on these sites I'm dealing with. To under stand how they were used and why from all those years ago? It is hard to believe that this all started by finding the first arrow rock and having that bug to know why it was there. That picture sat on my desk for 3-4 years before I posted it. Thanks to dsty and some others I went out from the original arrow and found so much more, and it keeps going. It blows my mind to think of the man hours involved to create all of this. And once again I'm sorry I can not show everything like I want to. Thanks for your input, please stay in touch. mm

OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guardian of the wood?

100_3760.JPG

This is a different angle of the tree with a face on it. Dog, Horse, Unicorn Big Bad Wolf? A very neat place in the woods. Thanks for Looking. mm

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
Walking trail one way, riding trail the other. I think it is a horse or mule head. Great Pic! It is amazing what they could do as artists.

OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tinhorn,
I really do not know what it is, but your right it is amazing and its out in the middle of no where. My guess is it was done for recreation done in their spare time. I'm leaning towards a dog, the ears don't seem long enough for a mule's, but then again you may be right. I guess we are both ruling out The Big Bad Wolf? Thanks. mm

PS Everything at these parts of the trail is in a short walking distance, can't see mounting a horse to ride 2-300 feet between them. Now the 3rd site is a good distance away, so once again you may be on to something?

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
Remember that the horse represents the kings trail, all others found on it were put to death. However, the front view sort of reminds me of a hog, you may have some rooting around to do in the direction he is looking.

OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could it be a Hog?

tinhorn
What you are saying makes some sense. I was thinking a Boxer or some other dog breed with those type of features. I also believe this is a royal trail, line, circle, crooked tail. One of the symbols near the beginning of the trail is a dog. The V on the animal's forehead might lend itself to be a hog, have to be honest and say I've not seen m/any dogs like that. The rooting around would also play into how I think this site is laid out. It will need working at both ends. Thanks. mm

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are several animals being depicted. At least four different ones. A cat on the left then the serpent. You can see the eye of each. Then a hog and dog. Then there is a horse in the back on the tree. On the left bottom it looks like a ducks head behind what looks like a claw. The claw is part of a tree and stone. Do you see what I'm referring to?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One more angle

100_3763.JPG

Here is one more picture of the tree creature.
I do not know why I took so many pictures of this guy? This view shows the Hooks or Claws near the top of the tree. A bit unusual I wood say. (pun intended) I have looked at these pictures so much lately, sometimes I see all kinds of things and other times I see nothing. As far as the missing eye, at one time I was seeing a shadow eye, it was a different shape than the right eye. Can't say I see all of those other things, but that is normal for me. Thanks for the input. Tinhorn I think I agree with you that is if you are saying this guy is showing or warning that you are on a Royal Trail. If not that then I revert back to the artist did it for his own amusement. I do not know if it is pointing anything out or not? My mind is all fuzzy on this one. If you think I'm missing something by all means point it out. That goes for any of it. Thanks. mm

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello MM2, the best way to tell if its a real marker or not just take your compass and using North - South - East -West for direction and use 420 steps for distance and if you find a knee high boulder then you have a settlers square Really looks good, Thanks for the post

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
Dsty is right. Compass and measurements take it out of the realm of speculation. Keep in mind that not all symbols are meant to confuse. Most trail markers are giving directional information that they needed to get to their intended destination. Simple logic usually prevails, shortest, quickest, easiest, route.

OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, guys I will check it out with a compass and get back to you in a few days.
I have a picture that (actually there are two pictures that will not post for some reason this one, and below the snake rock) that I wanted to post to see if anyone else has seen anything like it. It is a picture I took of a exposed bluff. I do not know if you have ever poured concrete or not, but this bluff is as if the form boards were up and the concrete was almost dry or real "hot" when it was poured. Then the forms were pulled off before they vibrated it to get the concrete to flow or smooth out. There are gaps and bubbles, yellow orbs, air bubbles and pockets and voids. But a lazier straight face just as though forms were in place when it was created. There are a couple of places where the yellow orbs or stuff is right out to the surface of the bluff. The yellow stuff reminds me of melted crayons on a large scale. I need to retake pictures of that so I can post them. My description does not do justice to the real deal. But it is still puzzling. Thank you. mm

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rethinking my thinking

100_3736 (2).jpg
On first glance I see two turtles ... small one, and large one. Smaller one's tail or flipper is on the head of the larger one - but the larger one may be a snake.

I also see a big white fish with either 6E or CE on its side. It's heading towards the circle.

I look at the two out of place pieces, and it makes me think of one reaching into a pool of water to retrieve something. The circle itself is interesting ... I see three faces: One left (silhouette), one right (silhouette), and another that appears to be looking towards the camera (it's on the inside of the circle) but it's actually a skull. So to me it appears the hands are reaching in to grab the skull from a pool of water.

Have fun.

I have been playing with paint (program) and cropped out this part of the picture. If you can make it out it now looks like G 6E on the Fish. I now see the three faces Chadeaux is talking about. Normal Old Fart to the left, Cat in the middle, Skull to the right. I also see between the Circle and the Fish are two more figures. At the top of the G, I see the Duck's bill, follow it to the left you have the whole head complete with an eye looking straight at you, moving down you have the neck then the body. To the right in the lower part of the G there is a man's head. At the bottom of the G on the man's throat is a knife or sword. The Duck either is threating or is in the process of cutting the man's head off. Message seems pretty clear. However this still leaves a lot of questions.
Also I take back the part of the Duck having scales, though in this picture the Duck is acting more like a snake! Thanks. mm

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
cropped area of original pic ...

not_showing.jpg

Trying to show what I'm seeing ... (not much of a painter, but best I can do)

showing.jpg

probably just my imagination ... but the hands are reaching in to grab something.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Chadeaux That is some skull. Too bad everything is not that clear. I'm seeing pretty much the same thing but more to the right out against the edge of the circle, but with teeth. I can see those pieces looking like arms, sure enough. The fellow to the left looks like Alfred Hitchcock (hope that is right) The center one still looks like a Cat to me. I just read a couple of digin4it's posts. someone called Lostaslost was commenting about how he has seen a Cat. There was a box not far from the Cat that had a line through it, meaning it had been emptied. I have not found a box as of yet. What are your thoughts on the Fish's letters and numbers? I'm starting to form an opinion and I'm hoping some of the other letters and numbers else where near by have better news. Thank you. mm

Just spent some time studying the picture and came up with some more stuff to confirm. I'm seeing a large Key next to the guys head below the duck. Also seeing another Key below a mouse in the upper right hand side.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought I would share

100_3773.JPG

Not everything is complex. This guy is just taking a nap. mm

100acre