• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 126

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other
Appears to be a cud from a die break of some sort to me. A chip broke out of the die before coin was struck leaving that metal to push up into that blank area. Nice error, condition not so great. Coneca is a good research source for this, saw some interesting looking errors like this on their website. Good Find!

HH

Can't shake this feeling I have seen that error somewhere before. Can't remember where. There is a forum called Cointalk where a past president of CONECO, Mike Diamond, specializing in error coins lurks. Post a pic there, maybe he'll give you a professional opinion.

Last edited:

CoinHELP!

Aug 9, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not a cud since they only happen on the rim of a coin. This could be damage, but hard to tell since the coin has a great amount of corrossion. Damage can get worn and corroded making it look like a mint error.

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other
It's not a cud since they only happen on the rim of a coin. This could be damage, but hard to tell since the coin has a great amount of corrossion. Damage can get worn and corroded making it look like a mint error.
You are correct. My bad. It is not a cud. Still could possibly be a major interior die break. probably not worth much in that condition.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread